Chp:-14 My Home

Author's Notes A/N:
Hey guys here's the update.
Extremely sorry for delay. Enjoy.

NEEL RAMAKRISHNAN

Next day I woke up around like 5am in the morning. Last night Naitik anna  and Arun stayed back with appa in the hospital and me, Amma, Neeti and Akshara manni came back home. I said I'll wait but he basically forced me to go home as since past two three days I haven't slept properly due to back to back surgeries and consultations. He asked me to take rest.

Hopefully today dad will regain his consciousness that's what Dr Santosh had said. I quickly took a shower and did my morning business and got dressed and went downstairs. I saw mom, Neeti and Anagha at the table they were eating breakfast. Akshara manni was feeding Anagha. I could smell the amazing and familiar aroma of small onion sambhar. That's my Ani's favourite.

By the smell I can tell who made it.

I said, "Good morning everyone."

Mom said, "Good morning kanna."

Anagha said, "Good morning Chittappa." I kissed her cheeks and patted her head.

Neeti said, "come eat something."

I said, "Amma where's Meenu aunty?"

Mom said, "Meenu is at her house. Why are you asking?"

I said, "this sambhar that y'all are having is prepared by her."

Akshara manni asked, "how did you know?"

I chuckled and said, "of course I know. Every Sunday she makes small onion sambhar as Ani loves it like anything. That girl can drink a gallon of small onion sambhar she's crazily fond of it. Meenu aunty is a wonderful cook, I love each and every dish prepared by her and I'm familiar with its taste and it's smell everything. Ani has got it all from her she's also an excellent cook just like her mom."

I realised what I said. I felt all the pain that I've been living with since last seven years. This is one of the toughest phase of my life and my best friend who was always there, isn't around anymore.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to see Neeti.

Neeti said, "you're missing her?" I nodded.

Neeti said, "why don't you go to the USA and meet her and come. Talk to her later if you want to."

I said, "yeah yeah talking later sounds fine." I sighed.

Neither my family nor Ani's family have any idea about us not being in touch. They believe I know about Ani's whereabouts and everything happening in her life. All I know is that she's in the USA that's it, nothing else.

Mom said, "Subbu came over to give breakfast. Meenu had prepared breakfast and sent for all of us. He came and gave us  breakfast and took some for Arun and Naitik also."

I said, "oh that's so sweet I'll call aunty and thank her later."

Mom said, "don't call her. After eating breakfast you go to their house and return their tiffin boxes and personally thank her. Come to the hospital straight from their house." I smiled and nodded.

We all had breakfast in a comfortable silence. As soon as we were done mom, Neeti and Akshara manni left for the hospital. I dropped Anagha at her best friend Sidhvik's house and drove towards Anisha's house. Soon I reached her house. I parked my car and went upstairs and rang the bell.

I looked at my old house which is right next to Anisha's house. I have so many memories with this place. The door opened.

Meenu aunty smiled and said, "hey Neel kanna come come." She let me in.