Reunited

This one is a short one but I hope you like it! I have a thousands things to do tonight. I'll try to update it asap! 💕

Her hair smelled like lavender. She wasn't wearing any makeup, had a frapuccino in one hand and her phone in the other. The muffin was on the table and she was looking through the window but wasn't seeing anything. Her thoughts were about the fight with Phillip and about Derek. It was a confusing thing. One moment is about her husband and in the other is about the man she has more than just a crush on.
She couldn't control her heart and was trying to be rational and stop thinking about Derek but for some reason, everything reminded her of that hot mathematics teacher.
She looked at her clock and saw that it was only 8am so she could stay there for a few hours.

"What a pleasure to have you sat on my favorite table, Mrs. Grey. I didn't expect to see you around before our date." Derek said laughing because he scared her.

Meredith jumped out of the couch when she recognized that voice; her heart started to beat faster.

"Hello Mr. Shepherd.
Well you know, as I know that you aways come here I decided to stop by hoping that would happen a coincidence like that." There was nothing that would make her happier than seeing him at that moment but she used a ironic tone to pretend it wasn't a big deal.

"I'm glad I have such an importance in you life. I hope it permits me to join you. Can I?" He didn't wait for the answer and sat next to her giving a kiss on her cheek.

"I'm happy you're here" She gave him a little smile but he could see in her eyes that there was something wrong.

"I know you don't like talking about feeling but I noticed that you're not fine."

"Derek I can't." She sipped her drink and continued.
"I had another big fight with Phillip and things are getting completely different now. I need someone to talk about it. I mean, I like you, I really do but I can't talk to you about these things. I never see my best friend and we're always busy and the schedules don't let us have some time together. I'm sorry." Meredith was really sorry. She knew that he wanted t help but she also knew that they had a date on the next day and how could she talk to him about her husband?

"Oh I'm the one who has to be sorry. There are lines and I just crossed one. But I want you to know that you can talk to me, I'm a good listener and I'm your friend, Meredith. I like you and I care about you, so if you want to, you can talk to me."

Derek wasn't upset. He knew that their situation was kinda awkward. In reality, the whole history was weird. She was married, had a fight with her husband, would have a date with her co-worker, the one who was asking about her marriage issues.

"Okay I was rude. I'm sorry. I feel bad now and it's your fault." She said laughing to break the tension.
"Take me for a ride, Derek. I want to get out of here and forget about all of these things." she continued.

"Right away, Mrs. Just tell me where you want to go that I'll take you there."

*Comments and votes are really important to me :)*