2

3rd POV

It was not Macaria's first time in the mortal realm, her mother would bring them here to visit their grandmother. She was used to seeing the mortal realm in bountiful harvests, smiling mortals, and peaceful settings. What she saw in her eyes was the complete opposite of it. Dead bodies littered the place, homes were destroyed, and she could hear the wailing of people. What shocked her more was that the souls of the dead were wandering aimlessly near their bodies.

Wonwoo glanced down the mess and could already feel the foreboding headache he was about to have. He slowly descended on earth and scanned the surroundings, countless death. His gaze went to the blazing red chariot running around the area. Ares stood there, helping his soldiers who prayed for his presence. He was flanked with his sons, Deimos and Phobos, claiming the soul of soldiers who they slaughtered.

Wonwoo would have them sorted out later, for now, he needed to bring upon death. He glanced at the goddess beside him and notice her slight tremble.

"Goddess" he called out her attention. She turned around to face him, he witnessed the fear in her eyes. He couldn't blame her; it was her first day and she was having a field day.

"Goddess, you can feel the deaths that you will collect. I believe that these soldiers are not yours to claim" he said to her. She mutely nodded and started to walk towards the destroyed homes. He grimaced, those deaths were the most painful to place, and he never enjoyed them. He was cold and he knew that they did not deserve such death.

Wonwoo flew and situated himself in the center of the battlefield. His hands were in his pocket and his eyes glowed eerily as chains erupted from his feet. It slithered around the area and chained the souls that were there. As the chains locked themselves Wonwoo, whispered one thing,

"Death"

Macaria's POV

The scene was too much to handle. I would have had gagged if not for that pulling sensation I felt. It pulled me towards the broken homes not far from the battle. The number of deaths was increasing around me and I could feel the deaths claimed by Wonwoo. I saw in my peripherals my cousin and my nephews doing their job. Mingyu raised his sword together with the human soldier, completely slaughtering the last of the opposition.

I was now in front of the first broken home that called me. It was burned down to crisp. My eyes surveyed the surroundings and then I saw it. I could not help the tears that fell from my eyes from the scene that unfolded.

There were two children burned down to nothing, holding each other, possibly comforting each other from the war that was going on. I knelt in front of them and gently caressed their crisp bodies. Two souls emerged, looking so confused and disgruntled. I quickly dried my tears and smiled at them.

"Who are you?" the older child asked. She had auburn hair and a button nose. The younger of the two was a boy, not older than 4, and had a cute round face with similar features to the girl.

"Macaria, my name is Macaria" I introduced myself. The girl was warry, I opened my palm and waited for her hand. She slowly reached out to my hand, together with her brother. I grasped their small hands and used my thumb to comfort them.

"Everything will be ok now; you don't have to be afraid anymore" I assured them. They gave me a small smile before nodding. I closed my eyes and felt their soul condensed and seeped through my hand. I opened my eyes, two gemstones appeared on my skin. Then all their memories flashed through my mind. Everything went so fast, and it felt overwhelming. It felt as if my head would crack from the sheer pressure it gave.