11

Macaria's POV

I have never seen my father look so serious before now. His image shimmering from his current form to his ancient one. I have heard stories of how the titan lord gravely injured my father from the war and that the form he was using now was far different than what he was. I never saw his original form but at this moment I was seeing a glimpse of it.

Dad seems to notice me looking at him. He closed his eyes and controlled his breathe till his form stabilized. I looked away from him, it felt like looking at a different person for a second.

"I want his arrest as soon as possible" my father said, "Use these shackles to capture them" he added.

"Yes, I will bring this man to you bound by those shackles. He shall face death in its true form" Wonwoo replied. The shackles from my father's table shimmered out of existence and appeared on Wonwoo's hands.

"Those shackles will capture anyone and anything. Only in my essence will it be unlocked" Father said. Wonwoo bowed his head before turning around to leave.

I was about to follow him when Father called out for me.

"Macaria" he spoke in a low tone.

"Yes, father?" I asked, Wonwoo stopped in his tracks and waited for me.

"Stay" was only one word that left his mouth but the authority it had made me quite literally stop on my tracks.

"Father, I still have-"before I could continue Wonwoo stopped me by holding my shoulder. Father's eyes followed Wonwoo's hand and regarded it silently.

"No, you should stay Macaria," Wonwoo said calmly before heading out the door. There was a nagging feeling in my chest. It felt like my instincts were screaming at me that something bad may happen. I pushed down those feelings for now and regarded my father.

"Is there something you want to talk about, father?" I asked him. My voice almost accusing him. Although I am not sure what I am accusing him.

"It seems like being a goddess is having a toll on you Macaria" he responded calmly.

"As it is to you, obviously" I retorted back. I was normally respectful to my parents, especially to my father but for some reason, he is annoying me right now.

"I see even your manners are already being tainted, my baby, slipping away from my hands" he replied. I felt as if he was mocking me, that only made me more agitated and madder at him.

"I am not a "baby" any more father, I am already a goddess with a dominion of my own" I replied. I could see my father's brow furrowing. "If you will excuse me, I have responsibilities of my own" I added, and before I could step, the gravity in the room became heavier.

"You will not set foot outside my office, Macaria" father's voice full of authority and command.

"Why are you doing this? I can not comprehend your actions to me father?" I asked as venom dripped from my voice.

"If keeping you here locked up with me, makes you hate me, then so be it. If this is the only way I can keep you safe from what possibly could happen then so be it"

Wonwoo's POV

I was now flying to Ephyra to capture Sisyphus. The shackles that were kept in my garments felt heavy and suffocating. My thought went to Jihoon's prophecy to Macaria about the shackles. The titan lord's plan was obvious now, enraged the gods through humans and let them take the brunt of his influence.