6

Wonwoo's POV

The conversation I had with my mother last week still played through my mind. She warned me that the titans may be planning to reach out to me to help them with their plan. For the rest of the days, my mind was occupied with what the titans could be planning. It was better to confront Jeonghan with this when I already have an idea of what they were scheming. To no such avail, I am still empty-handed.

I had just dropped off the deaths I have collected and was now heading back to the mortal realm. I just went on and did my job as I used to, but my thoughts would constantly distract me. Two things were occupying my mind, one was the titans, the other one was about a certain death goddess.

She has been working on her own for quite a while now and her name was spreading amongst mortals. Most of them prayed for her to be the one to greet them as they passed. Rather than being insulted, I felt quite content. Part of my mind also prayed that some of these mortals would be taken by her instead of me. She was warm and gentle, traits that I could never imagine a death goddess could have.

'If I were to be greeted by my own, I would also prefer it in a warm and gentleness, rather than my cold and thorns' thoughts like that would sometimes creep in my mind unconsciously in which I find odd, considering I never really thought of those till she appeared.

These thoughts have also caused me to commit minor mistakes in my job. A soul almost got free from my hold due to my lack of focus. It has become quite troublesome for me and those involved.

More thorns appeared on my body as I collected another death. The prickling sensation was still the same the first time I did this. It felt like my body was being torn apart from inside out. The memories of their life rushing through my mind, making me witness the fragile and short life they lived. It took a toll on me but years of experience and doing the same thing over and over again would help one to adapt.

I was about to go back when Seokmin arrived. He wore a somber smile as he blessed the mortal family with a good and comforting dream.

"Might as well give them a good sleep before waking up and seeing their father is dead" he said as I walked past him.

"This man was abusive and lived his remaining numbers cursing his family. I'd be inclined to believe that this family would be happy after losing a monster" I responded as I widen my wings, ready for flight.

Seokmin chuckled sadly and turned around in my direction, "Don't dwell too much about it brother, I'll head to your place and help you sleep" he said.

"You don't have to worry about me brother, I can handle myself and I have no luxury to sleep. I appreciate the concern though" I replied before flying off.

As I was about to descend there was a strong surge to death that I felt. Without any hesitation, I went and flapped my wings to where it was. From here I could see the stormy sees of Jisoo raging.

Macaria's POV

The past few weeks have been bizarre. Jihoon's prophecy still fresh in my mind,

'Goddess of Death, there is danger looming up ahead. Beware for shackles of bronze will be thy end'

It was very unusual for Jihoon to deliver the prophecy himself; he has oracles that could do the job. Considering he was with the fates; it must be a serious matter. As I thought about the prophecy, my mind would drift to Wonwoo. I was reminded with his chains that he used to collect the dead.

Could it be... he was involved in this prophecy too? I couldn't be sure, and we haven't seen each other lately. I even asked Charon about him but all he said to me was 'I see him drop off some souls and go back up'. I guess he must be working non-stop, that man probably did not know the concept of rest.