8

3rd POV

There was a tense atmosphere around the room. Wonwoo stood there frozen in his spot as he listened to Macaria. His mind going through the memories of the souls he collected. One of them must be that mortal who had that black whisp.

Jeonghan's eyes were dark, taking all the information in. After Macaria finished telling them what she saw, silence fell in the room. The gods' eyes went to Wonwoo. He gulped; he was not sure what they expected of him to say. Then he composed himself and step forward, this was the right time to tell them what his mother had told them.

"My Lords" he started, "There is something that I heard from my mother that I believe will be of help in this matter."

<>

Up above the mortal realm, Dino stood there facing the god of the wild, Seungkwan. Both faced each other, the other looking stoic, while the other was annoyed.

"I'm telling you Chan I haven't heard anything from my satyrs about what you are saying" Seungkwan complained as he sat down. Dino 's jaw clenched; this was testing his patience, but he was not done trying, he knew how to push this old friend's buttons.

"I know shouldn't just come here; you are as useless as ever" he retorted as he walked away. There was a smirk on his face and he counted mentally till the expected response came.

"EXCUSE ME?!" Seungkwan roared, the nearby surrounding being disturbed. Dino turned around and smirked at the fuming god. He fought the urge to laugh at Seungkwan's face. He was always fun to tease, Dino thought.

"Now will you help me get some information now?" he asked calmly. Seungkwan breathed and composed himself, the surrounding undergrowth relaxing as he did.

"I will ask the satyr's and even the nymphs to gather it," he said seriously. Dino smiled and approached Seungkwan, slinging his hand to the god's shoulder.

"I know I could always count on you, dear friend" Dino smiled, to which Seungkwan just rolled his eyes.

"Chan, I swear, one of these days I'll snap on you" Seungkwan playfully threatened him. Dino just laughed it off as they enter the forest.

Wonwoo's POV

"The other titans, as I have heard, was planning to do something that involved the god of death" mother spoke. My brows furrowed, what could they want me to do to them. Besides the point that they can never waver my allegiance to the gods.

"I do not know the entirety of what they want but I am quite sure they want to stir some chaos in the mortals and gods" she continued. My gears were running wild, thinking of what they could possibly do.

"Have you talked with Eris, mother?" Seokmin spoke, his usual cheery tone was nowhere to be found. Now that I think about it, our younger sister, the goddess of discord and chaos, Eris has been absent for quite a while now. She was good in her job, way too good and invested, that it was concerning.

"That child is a concern I will look upon later, it's been a while since we last talked" mother replied, her tone remained, cold and indifferent. Sensing that there were no more things left to discuss and that my discomfort was becoming apparent, I stood up ready to leave.

"Wonwoo" my mother called. I stopped in my tracks, not bothering to turn around, "Be careful, those chains of yours may come to bite you" she finished, and I walked away feeling disturbed than ever.

I told the gods the conversation I had with my mother and examined their reactions. Their faces remained serious and impassive, but I could feel the raging aura that was oozing out of them.