𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 4: 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙮𝙤𝙪

"Kang Minhee".

"Long time no see, sister." Seohee chuckled coldly.

...
"Dad, no!" The eight year old tried to stop her father from punching her older sister in the face.

"Shut up you little unwanted piece of shit!" Hurtful words were flooding from his mouth as hard as tears from the little girl's eyes.

"Don't call her that!" Minhee slapped her father. "You're the reason why mom is in coma for two years already!"

"Oh you just didn't..."

The man's eyes darkened as he looked at the eighteen year old girl. He pushed her to the ground, then took an empty bottle from the counter, and hit the girl's head with it. She passed out, as expected.

The younger one just watched in terror. Her eyes were full of tears and her breathing got heavy. She quickly grabbed a phone that was laying on a table behind her. She finally had the courage to call the police on her father.

Was it too late?

"Hello, 911, what's your emergency?"

"Send police and an ambulance, please." She answered with a very shaky and quiet voice. She then told the dispatcher her address and hung up, incase her father noticed she called someone.

But he didn't. He continued beating up the older sister. She was already unconscious. Blood and shattered glass were all over the place. Seohee have had enough.

"Father! Stop it!" She raised her voice, she knew how dangerous he was, but she loved her sister too much.

The drunk man turned his head towards her and quickly walked up to her. She gulped, but her face didn't show fear anymore. The father grabbed the girl by her collar and lifted her up a bit. Then he proceeded to punch her. Once. Twice. He raised his fist the third time but the front door swung open and a couple of men with guns in their hands went inside.

The father's eyes widened, but he quickly picked up a sharp piece of glass and put it to the girl's throat.

"If you come near me, I'll kill her!" He shouted. Seohee was terrified. He started to press the glass to her throat, to the point when it started bleeding. A bunch of medics came through the door and immediately went to help unconscious Minhee.

The cops somehow managed to handcuff the drunk man. They took him out of the house. She watched them and sighed shakily. Then she saw someone running up to her.

"Uncle!" She recognized him and quickly hid in his embrace.

"I'm sorry I didn't help you earlier, I didn't know..."

"It's fine, I'm glad you're here." She exhaled. "I just hope Minhee will be okay."

The doctor's expression fell, but he assured her everything will be fine. Even tho he wasn't so sure himself.

They got into the ambulance and drove off. Seohee was holding the older girl's hand as she felt a weak squeeze. She took a quick glance at her sister. She had her eyes slightly open and a small smile on her bruised face. The younger one smiled back. Minhee's eyes closed again and her grip loosened.

☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎

Minhee didn't make it. She passed away the next morning. Seohee couldn't cope with the fact that her only hope just died. Her sister made her feel like someone, now she felt like an empty zero. Her uncle let her live with him until she turned sixteen. Then she decided she didn't want to bother him anymore and moved back into her old house. Her father went to jail and got a life sentence for child abuse, domestic violence and murder.

Seohee touched her throat as a tear slid down her cheek. She still remembered all the things that happened nine years ago. All she wanted was to lay here, next to her sister. She still missed her, it's not easy to just get over someone's death.

She sat on the grass beside the grave and looked at the sky. She loved sky, it was bringing her favourite memories back. Night sky made her feel cozy, and day sky made her feel free.

"I know you're up there, Minhee." The girl whispered. "You're one of those shining stars. I can't wait to shine with you one day."

After these words she got up and went back to the bus stop, and then drove back home.

☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎

She locked the door behind her and went to the kitchen to feed her cat.

"Hello Sunny." She greeted the cat and petted her head. She heard a meow and slightly smiled. She smiled really rarely, only a few things were able to make her smile.

After she fed the cat, she decided to get her guitar from under the bed. She went out on her balcony, sat down and started playing and singing.

"All I want is nothing more
To hear you knocking at my door
'Cause if I could see your face once more
I could die a happy man I'm sure"

"When you said your last goodbye
I died a little bit inside
I lay in tears in bed all night
Alone without you by my side"

She took a deep breath of fresh air, and then continued.

"But if you loved me
Why'd you leave me?
Take my body
Take my body"

Tears started to fill her eyes.

"All I want is
And all I need is
To find somebody"

"I'll find somebody, like you" She whispered the last words of the song. "I promise you, Minhee."

~~~

HIIII :3

It's a fourth chapter already! Did you like it?

I think it's my favorite one. I kinda expressed my feelings through this chapter :)

The song that Seohee was singing is "All I want" by Kodaline, I recommend you to listen to it :))

𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝 (𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚕𝚞𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛'𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚎):
1016

𝕒𝕟𝕪𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕀 𝕃𝕌𝕍 𝕌 𝕊𝕆 𝕄𝕌ℂℍ 𝕊𝕋𝔸𝕐 𝕊𝔸𝔽𝔼 𝔹𝕐𝔼𝔼𝔼𝔼 <3333