𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 15: 𝙖𝙡𝙡, 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙙

"Oh my god, mom?"

Seohee was staring in disbelief at the woman who had her eyes wide open.

"Minhee? No, you don't look like Minhee... Could you be..." The woman stopped for a while and gasped quietly. "...Seohee?"

"Yes mother, it's me, Kang Seohee, your youngest daughter. Do you remember me?" The girl said with tears in her eyes.

"Of course I remember you sweetie, but you were a lot, lot... smaller." The woman said, gently grabbing and examining the teenager's face.

"It might be shocking, but you were here for 11 years, unconscious. I visited you regularly and always talked to you, do you remember anything?"

"I remember, but not a lot. It was like a dream, I only remember some parts taken out of context. There's this name I remember... Lee Hee... Lee Heeseung? I think it sounded something like that. I heard someone, I suppose you, saying something about 'loving him no matter what'. Who is that?"

Seohee's eyes went wide, did she really remember the things she said to her?

"Uh, yeah... Heeseung is my best friend that I'm in love with. And it's..." She turned around and pointed her finger to the boy laying on the bed next to them. "...it's him."

"Oh my god, what happened to him?"

Seohee and her mother talked about all the recent things that happened. She told her about everything that happened in the last 11 years.

"And how's Minhee? And where's your... father?" The woman asked.

"Uh, about that..." The girl was a bit hesitant to answer. "Good news and bad news."

"Good news first." The older woman smiled at the younger one.

"The so called 'father' is in jail for life, thankfully I called the police on him. Sadly... a bit too late."

"What do you mean by 'a bit too late'?"

"That's the bad news." Seohee sighed. "Minhee... One night father was beating her up, I had enough and called the police on him. Before they got there, Minhee was already unconscious and then..." The girl's voice started cracking and tears started to build up in her eyes. "...then she didn't wake up. She's gone, mom. Minhee is gone for 9 years now."

The mother just sat there, not knowing what to say or how to react. Her heart was aching at the thought, that she lost her child. Seohee quickly pulled her into a hug, a hug that they both needed. They cried together. After they both calmed down, the girl decided to go to her uncle and tell him that her mother woke up.

☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎

Knock knock.

Doctor Seokjin shot his head up and turned his gaze towards the door of his office. He stood up with a tired sigh and opened the door.

"Oh, what are you doing here sweetheart? I thought that you went home already, or that you at least fell asleep." He signalled the girl to get inside his office, but she shook her head and declined the offer, instead she smiled and looked at him with happy eyes.

"Uncle, you won't believe what happened." She said with a joyful voice.

"What is that? It's something happy I suppose."

"Mom woke up."

The doctor froze in his place and shot an unsure look at Seohee.

"Are you joking? You know you can't joke with this type of things."