V.1 CHP.1

The sounds of ships can be heard flying through the sky, as Raiden flies beside them. He leans into his comm on his ear talking to the pilot.

Raiden:"Permission to come aboard?"
???:"Yeah sure kid."

The hanger door opens, and Raiden flies in.

Raiden:"Thanks Jimmy!"
Jimmy:"Dont tell anyone I did this for you."
Raiden:"You got it!"

Raiden goes through a door, into the common area where the other students were resting.
He walks towards them resting on the window looking out. It wasn't as cool as flying through the clouds, but it was a much longer flight if he was flying himself. He hears a puking noise coming from the trash can and finds a blonde boy suffering from motion sickness.

Raiden:"Hmm..."

Raiden goes over to him and gives him a slight shock. Just enough to numb his systems.

Blond boy:"OW! What the- hey! I'm feeling better! Thanks man. For helping a stranger and all that."
Raiden:"Hey don't worry about it. A stranger's just a friend you haven't met yet right?"
Blond boy:"Your mom tell you that too?"

Raiden and the boy share a timid laugh.

Blond boy:"Name Jaune Arc. Nice and sweet, rolls off the tongue, ladies love it."
Raiden:"Let me give you a life lesson pal."

Jaune looks at him staring out the window, surprised at his sudden change in attitude.

Raiden:"Ladies don't like the cocky confident side of men. Be yourself. If a girl doesn't like that, they're not for you."

He puts a hand on Jaunes shoulder.

Jaune:"O-Oh! Thanks? You sound like you have experience in this sort of thing."

Raiden looks saddened. Almost... lost.

Raiden:"You could say that..."

Jaune pats him on the back.

Jaune:"What was she like?"

Raiden hesitates for a moment.

Raiden:"She was... amazing. She never spoke a word, but always was so playful and loveable. Always so happy. Her smile brightened everyday that felt dark. She would tease me so often, despite not even saying a word. She was beautiful, skillful, an asskicker, and... I wasn't enough. One day, we had a disagreement. A big one. She wanted to do something extremely dangerous...  and I didn't. So she left. All she left me with was memories... and this."

He pulls out a pin shaped like ice cream. It had three colours. Pink brown.... and yellow.

Raiden:"It's a symbol of my failure to keep her safe. Even from herself. It... makes me wonder where she is now..."

Jaune stares at the Faunus with a bewildered look. Then sighs, and pats his back again.

Jaune:"I dont see it that way."

Raiden looks up suddenly.

Jaune:"She could take care of herself right? So don't worry too much. And you separated from one argument... maybe she wasn't as amazing as you thought."

Raiden looks out pondering as the clouds form a yellow hue as the ships fly through them.

Jaune:"Woah... never seen this colour of clouds."
Raiden:"There's a saying in my family."