V.1 CHP.2

It had been an interesting night for Raiden. He was informed by Ozpin that he was the reincarnation of the Thunderbird, a legendary beast with strength almost equal to the original gods. In fact, the Thunderbird was the pet of both. But when the dark god went rogue trying to destroy everything, the Thunderbird was blessed with a power to defeat malice energy itself. Grim as their now called. Black lightning.  According to Ozpin, black lightning is pure destruction energy, capable of killing anything. As Ozpin put it:

Ozpin:"Black lightning is a bolt of death itself."

If Raiden couldn't control it... he could destroy the earth. But what did this have to do with the reincarnation?

Ozpin:"It's simple. The Thunderbird failed. So it gained the ability to reincarnate itself until its job was complete. Destroy the darkness."

Raiden stays silent for a moment.

Raiden:"How long has this cycle been going on?"
Ozpin:"From the dawn of creation. Your family has been passing the power of the Thunderbird down for more then 150 billion years. But I just warn you. I have seen the full extent of your powers in the wrong hands. There's a name in remnant for what you would become. 'The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself.'"
Raiden:"That sounds familiar..."
Ozpin:"It was one of your incarnations. A horrible man... he burned his victims slowly... and painfully. It showed the true power of the Thunderbird."

Raiden gets a little uncomfortable knowing his power was used for evil. To hurt people.

Ozpin:"I wouldn't worry too much mr. Leigong. Your mother was never one to worry. Anyways. I must be going. You should rest up."

Ozpin starts to leave, but turns to Raiden one last time.

Ozpin:"Try to stay near Ms. Rose. She is a very useful ally."

With that, both leave. Raiden made a mental note to ask Ozpin about his mother. Maybe Doctor Oobleck or Ms Glynda. But not Mr port. Don't want to be there for a week.

When Raiden opened his eyes from his sleep, he noticed Ruby trying to floof his wings, so he smacks her hands away.

Raiden:"No."

Ruby frowns in sadness but was quietly laughing. As Raiden tries to get up to hear slight moaning. Then finds Blake sleeping right next to him with her grabbing him tightly. His face brightens exponentially as blue lightning shocks him to the roof. He was floating around mumbling "Sorry!" over and over again. Blake slowly wakes up, no longer feeling her pillow. Which was Raiden.

Blake:"Mmm... what? Who took my pillow?"
Ruby:"Your pillow is floating in the air!"

Ruby and Yang were bursting into laughter as Blake suddenly puts 2 and 2 together. She blushes up and suddenly starts panicking. Later, (After an hour of Yang and Ruby trying to get Blake to come out of her sheets and get Raiden down from the ceiling, and grabbing their weapons) it was initiation.
Ozpin stood ready to explain the rules, while Jaune was clearly panicking. Raiden taps his shoulder and tells him to calm down.

Raiden:"I'll get you down safely. I know landing's not your best area."

Jaune almost tears up in thank you's and then, they were off. Raiden immediately corrected his trajectory by flapping his wings and went straight for Jaune, grabbing him and tossing him over to someone he recognized. Pyyra Nikos.

Jaune yelled out a thank you as Raiden landed in a forest nearby where he saw a never more flying overhead. He took note of it, and went searching for the relics. He needed them to pass. After a while of searching, he encountered a wild pack of beowolves. They hadn't noticed him yet, mostly because he was in the air. Raiden stuck out his hand making it into a finger gun and focused all his power.