V.1 CHP 5

(Trigger warning. Abuse and manipulation, as well as blackmail)

Raiden was walking back to his dorm from class to see Cardin walking around with his team. Raiden notices Cardin acting strangely. Specifically avoiding things that could damage his arms and stomach. He would stay clear of anything in his way and avoid anything he could bump into. Raiden made note of it and continued on. When he arrived at the dorm he noticed the four girls each doing their own thing. Ruby was studying, Weiss was researching something, Yang was brushing her hair, and Blake was reading a book while drinking tea. She was the first to notice Raiden was back, and smiled at him. Raiden takes off his coat, and leans against his sleeping spot on the wall. He stretches loudly and groans.

Blake:"Tough day?"
Raiden:"Not really... hey have you guys noticed Cardin lately? He's been acting weird..."

Weiss lifts her head from her phone.

Weiss:"What do you mean?"
Raiden:"He seems... like he's trying to avoid certain places of his own body..."

Ruby perks up from in her book.

Ruby:"I noticed it too! He's avoiding any damage towards his arms and stomach more then anything!"
Yang:"Who cares about that bully."

Yang sounds cold when she says that.

Raiden:"Hey... that's not exactly fair."
Yang:"Don't care. That's all he is. If there's one thing I've learned, it's that people like him don't change. No matter what they seem like."

Everyone stares at Yang who has rage in her eyes.

Raiden:"Keep up this attitude and we're gonna start calling YOU ice Queen."

Yang glares at Raiden which he doesn't back down from.

Raiden:"What? Wanna have a go at it?"
Yang:"I just don't understand why you're defending him!"

Raiden winces a bit. He didn't want to tell.

Yang:"What's wrong now? Can't defend him anymore? Do you realize he's just a bully!?"
Ruby:"Yang that's enough!"
Yang:"No! I want to know why he's-"
Raiden:"Because I was like him."

The mood turns tense as the four girls look at him.

Raiden:"There's a good reason I hide my past from everyone I meet. And why I act so friendly towards everyone. Because I... wasnt just a supporter of the white fang... i was a Shadow operator division rank 1."

Blake's eyes widen and she spits her tea out dramatically and goes wide eyed. Everyone else looks at Blake confused. They were shocked to find he was with the white Fang, but they don't know who or what a shadow operative was.

Blake:"YOU WERE WITH THEM?!"
Ruby:"Wait who?"
Weiss:"I thought you said you ran when they wanted foot soldiers?!"
Yang:"Did you lie to Mr Port?"

Raiden visibly saddens.

Raiden:"We led missions for justice. I... thought I would make a difference. With my power we could finally end all Faunus discrimination. We rallied, caused misfortunes on the enemy... but... when Adam took control... he thought the only way to get peace was through fear. And when he wanted me to kill... I was forced to... ideals were forced upon me that I thought weren't right. So when he asked me to become a foot soldier... I ran. After running for a while, I met Neo. And you know the story from there."

The room is silent. Until Weiss of all people hugs Raiden.

Weiss:"I'm sorry... I think you should get some space. It feels like you need it. Especially knowing what else... happened to you."