Chapter 5: Sinners and saints

Elijah is standing in Davina's room in the attic, where he is standing in front of Davina as the two stare at each other. His skin is gray and mottled still from not feeding during the months he was daggered, and he can't help but focus on Davina's pulsing carotid artery as a result of his hunger. Davina seems unfazed."You're the one they call honorable".Elijah smiles."Yes, that's what they call me. And yet, I followed my brother here to New Orleans to engage in a war. So, I ask you-- does that sound honorable to you?",He questions the girl."You don't look well",Davina points out concerned."Well, only this morning, I had a mystical dagger embedded in my chest, so I'd say I'm holding myself together quite well. Davina, I believe that you and I have the power to end a war between witches and vampires before it truly begins. I, by keeping my brother in line; you, by behaving like your true self-- not some tool for Marcel or the witches",Elijah states.

Davina narrows her eyes."And why should I trust you?".She asks."Well, for one thing, in spite of a ravenous hunger, I have not tried to take your blood",Elijah responded.Davina shrugs."Why not? I'm the only one here".She says with hesitation."Even in my present condition, I would not feed from a child",he answers.

Davina takes a hat pin and pricks her finger with it. A drop of blood clings to the tip of it, and she places the drop on Elijah's lip. He licks the drop of blood off of his lower lip, and after a moment, Elijah's skin returns to it's normal complexion. Davina looks pleased and smiles at him.

---------------------------------------------------------

Klaus is pacing in the back kitchen of Rousseau's, which is empty of employees. When Sophie finally comes into the room with a basket of produce, Klaus grabs her and vamp-speeds them back to the plantation house for a meeting. He brings her to the living room, where Rebekah and Carloine are waiting for them, and deposits Sophie onto the couch."We had a deal!.You protect my and Elijahs unborn children,i dismantle Marcel's army.And whilst i've been busy fulfilling my part of the bargin,you allowed Elena and Hayley to be attacked and almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches".Klaus shouts in anger.WI had nothing to do with it,i swear.Elena,Hayley and i are linked,remember?.She dies,i die",Shophie says franticly."Then who were they?",Carloine speaks up confused.Sophie sighs."They are a faction of extremists.Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the babbies".

"What kind of vision?",Klaus asks suspiciously."She has them all the time.They are totally open to interpretation.I'm guessing she's wrong on this one",Sophie declared."Well,how,may i ask,was this particular vision interpreted?",Klaus asks getting anoyed with the witch."....Pretty much that your and Elijahs babbies would bring death to all witches",Sophie says slowly.Klaus smirks a bit."Ah,well.I grow fonder of these children by the second".

"Sophie,look--me and Caroline promised Elijah that we would protect the mikealson miracle-babbies whilst he tries to win your witch,Davina's loyalty.Why don't you tell us just how this faction is?",Rebekah spoke up."Elijah's talking to Davina?",Sophie asks shocked written all over her face."Yeah.As we speak,i imagine",Rebekah says as she nods.Sophie moves in her seat feeling uncomftable and says."i'm guessing she'll have plenty to say about that crowd".This catches Klaus' attention."Do tell".

"I....wasn't always an advocate for the witches".

FLASHBACK-– NEW ORLEANS, EIGHT MONTHS AGO

At Rousseau's, Sophie dances to music behind the bar as the crowd cheers.

SOPHIE: "Woo, drink up everybody! This is how they party in Rio!"

Sophie pours liquor straight into her mouth from the bottle.

SOPHIE: [present-day] "My sister was devoted, like our parents, and our upbringing was very strict, which drove me nuts. The minute I turned twenty-one, I left the Quarter to travel... and play."