24  stubborn & hungover

"Hey where were you during the past days not being at home?!"

My dad raises his voice

"Just hanging with some friends no big deal at all"

Lauren rolls her eyes crossing her shoulders

"No big deal do you know how worried I was starting to get? Because of you I almost had to call the police for a missing child of mine!"

"Since when did you start caring for me? I though you wanted me to go do my own things without being bothered"

Lauren says sassy

"What's that in your neck is that a hickey?"

He points out

"No it's nothing I fell and hurt myself it'll go away"

Lauren brushes it off

"I swear to god if you're sneaking around hanging around with some guys or any of your close friends your grounded!"

He says loud and clear

"Wow you really don't trust me"

Lauren says in a annoyed tone

"Damn right I didn't raise you to be like this going around to places you don't know"

My dad says making it sound I'm still a little girl to him

"You don't have to worry about me anymore I'm grown up and you have to stop treating me like I'm a child"

Lauren says standing up for herself

"You're lucky that you aren't back with your mother cuz I can send you with her just like this"

He says with a snap

"Sending me to mom is the worst idea you can ever come up with she'll just keep doing the same thing over and over again I won't be happy and you said it yourself I deserve to be happy"

He looked at her knowing it was true he was too hungover from work hardly seeing her every now and then

Lauren walks upstairs walking to her room closing the door locking it from behind she looks over her
window to see if Luke was around.
It was strange he had his windows almost closed but you can almost see his whole room still, he was there having his guitar out strumming those strings slowly looking sad but focused.

Lauren didn't know the right thing to do was text him or call him out to talk things out the only way to have him part of your life, she shoot her shot and did best to text him.
It took a minute for him to respond but he replied back right away.

Luke opens his curtains opening his window it seemed like he has been spending his own free time not worrying about anything, he looked calm and didn't look like he was going to get upset again