Chapter 5: Job Oppurtunities

Alyssa looked at the massive room inside. It was full of CLOTHES. Everywhere she turned her eyes to, there was boxes of jewelry, shelves of shirts, suits and skirts, cupboards of capes and stacks of trousers. Her eyes felt like imploding from the sheer amount of attire she saw.

'So? You like it? All the other girls I met were jumping in joy at this point.', Earrings commented.

Alyssa shook her head. 'I've never seen so many clothes in my LIFE. Not even in any department store or any shop I've visited.

Earrings giggled, 'Well of course. What did you expect from an organization consisting of hundreds of Toppats?'
Alyssa pushed aside a pile of hats and placed herself on the table. She knew it was the biggest criminal organization in the world, but seeing the amount of clothes, she was just dumbfounded.
Imagine being the leader of a clan like this. No wonder Sven is so stressed out all the time..
Earrings was digging around a pile of shirts. She seemed to examine the size of each one, comparing the shirt to her.
At last she decided on an off-colour white collared shirt. She sized it up and compared it, and seemed satisfied. She folded it neatly next to Alyssa.
Alyssa was bored. She wanted a conversation so she asked questions.
'Sabrina, isn't it? So, you and Sven are twins? Why are you stuck here in a closet while he's being all high and mighty?'
Earrings let out a giggle. 'Well, he never wanted to be one. He was a really dedicated Toppat, and he always helped out in difficult times. I also helped and we were always given credit together. The previous leader, Reginald Copperbottom also made him his third-in-command, if that's what you call it...'
'Wait, Reginald was the previous leader? The one with a double top hat?'
'Yes, and Sven has to take charge when Reginald and the Right Hand Man were captured by the government in a little scheme  of theirs. So my brother worked day and night in paperwork and planning to build a whole rocket ship. He didn't even let me help. And it was all in vain, because two soldiers who had snuck onto the rocket had sabotaged him and changed the course of the rocket.'
'So where did the rocket go?'
'I'm getting to that part. It landed in a complex called The Wall. All of us were caught and apprehended. Me and Sven were put in the same cell, and we discovered Reginald and Right Hand Man there too, along with the other Toppats that had been arrested from within the Airship division . So me and Sven came up with a plan and busted everyone out of here and stole back our Airship, somehow. And here we are, thinking of our next heist. I always liked clothes so I stayed here. I still help Sven, whether he likes it or not.'
Earrings was sitting down now, having a look of enjoying talking to someone. It looked like she had been lonely for some time.
Alyssa was interested. She wanted to find out more so she asked another question.
'So, why couldn't Reginald take back title of leadership? He's here now!'
'It doesn't work like that Alyssa. It's kind of like a tradition. You're the leader, you can't give it up unless something happens. Sven tried to give the leadership role back to Reginald but he couldn't.'
Earrings had sat down while talking about it all. She realists she had a job to do and quickly stood up, going through a stack of skirts now.
Meanwhile, Alyssa was twirling her black curls, deep in thought.
This clan sure has a long history. Maybe it's not right if I join. What if I get in trouble? What if I was caught? What if the other people didn't trust me and used me to their advantage?
After the hard life she had had, she always had a tough time trusting people.
Let's just see how this turns out. At least Earrings is nice. She's a real sweetheart. But you never know..
'Alyssa!'
She snapped out of her thoughts and looked up to her. Her face felt wet...
'Are you okay? Why are you crying?'
Oh crap did I really just start crying now?
'I-I'm fine Earrings-just, well some bad times that I was thinking of..'
Darn you Alyssa just break the ice and ask another question!
'So...what do the Toppats do on the Airship when they're not stealing stuff? Hang around doing nothing, or do we actually do something?'
Earrings chuckled, 'No silly, we do actually do something. For example, there's some people who clean the Airship interiors. I've never liked those gossiping petty girls. Always starting some rumour or drama. Then some others calculate the value of the loot we've stolen to sell it off. The elites take decisions on any heists or thieving and the rules, like what's the plan, where we are gonna carry it out, and stuff. A big fraction works with data, and they finalize the loot's value, organizes the files and also communicates announcements. Some of us just drive the Airship. I, for myself, just makes clothes everyday because we lost all of our previous stuff when we got captured. Gets lonely here sometimes... '
Alyssa was thinking, 'so what do you think I could do?'
Earrings looked thoughtful, 'Well, depends on what you like and what you can do. If you know how to handle a computer and how to classify data then the communications sector is for you. If-'
'I want to help out in that sector. I loved sorting out data even as a kid.'
Earrings smiled. 'Well that's good. You can talk to Sven or Carol if you want to fix that up. Now try this on, and let me see how you look.'

Half an hour later Alyssa was in front of a mirror and Earrings has done her job well.
She was wearing a purple vest over the off coloured collared shirt, with a half cape covering her chest and shoulders. A pleated silk skirt and a pair of silver trousers completed the look.
'Now we need to find an appropriate hat for you. Should be purple or blue... and there we go!'
She placed a bluish-purple top hat on her coal hair.
But there was one problem. The hat was too plain.
Alyssa grabbed a jewelry box and found a beautiful pin adorned with a silver star. She pinned to her hat. Now it looked perfect.
Earrings looked like she was going to explode.
'Oh my god Alyssa you look so CUTE! Everything matches you, du är så sot!'
She picked a phone up, pushed a button and started talking.
'Hey, Sven! I finished up with her...I'm your sister of course I can still call you Sven! Now come on and assign a place to this girl...no that's your job, remember...? Okay I'll see you here!'
Alyssa looked at the mirror. It had been a long time since she had worn clothes so beautiful.
'I really love this. Thanks Earrings.'
Earrings smiled sincerely, 'No problem Alyssa! I'm just doing the job I love.'
The little girl looked at the mirror and decided she was gonna help Earrings in her free time, just to be grateful for it.

Oh my god guys, we hit 300+ reads on my story? I can't believe this, thank you all!
Also Earrings is very very bubbly and she loves clothes a lot. Also she loves Sven a lot, even though they annoy each other a lot XD.
Peace out!