Chapter 9: Friendship Blossoms

Alyssa POV
Alyssa sighed, 'I guess I have to tell you mine now. It's not that different from your story, surprisingly.'
Sven handed her stylus over to her, 'Well, how bad could it be?'
She drew random doodles on her tablet, and told him.
'Well, as you know I'm kleptomaniac. I'm not that bad like before but I still have to keep myself in control sometimes. I had an older brother, by about four years. I...well..I don't really want to say his name...'
'That's fine.', Sven told her.
She continued, 'My parents loved me. Until I was diagnosed with kleptomania. Then they started saying I was a disgrace to the family, I ruined their name, usual stuff. They didn't do anything to my brother, so he protected me most of the time. He promised me when he turned 18, we would move out and Mom and Dad wouldn't hurt me. That kept me going until his 18th birthday.'
'So what happened?'
'I'm getting to that part. I still remember I woke up early on that day, eager to wish him. Then I found him hanging from the ceiling fan.'
'What the-What happened to him?! Why did he do that in the first place?!'
Alyssa's eyes brimmed with tears, 'I-I still don't know. Mom told me that it was all my fault, he got tired of defending me and got depressed, so he..he..'
She drew an imaginary line across her throat.
'I don't believe that's the case. Something must've happened to him or he was forced into that position. So I endured them for three years and I finally ran away. You met me that night.'
Silence again. Alyssa drew two stick figures holding hands, representing her and Henry.
Still..one part of her always had a fear within her. What if her mom was right? What if her brother really got depression and killed him self because of that, and she had been stupid enough not to to notice it? She shivered on the inside.
Sven put his hand around her for what seemed like the millionth time.
'Alyssa, your family is damn messed up. Well, except your brother. At least you have us.'
Alyssa leaned onto his shoulder. 'Yeah, I have you all. I finally experience being loved by some type of family.'
They sat there for what seemed like hours, having their arms around each other. Alyssa had finally found someone she could relate to.
'What's the time?', Sven finally broke the silence.
Alyssa checked her tab, 'Darn, it's 12:38..'
'Oh heck, I gotta wake up early tomorrow!'
Sven got up and walked quickly towards the Airship. Alyssa caught up to him.

'Hey. Take it easy. Sleep in for once. Earrings can handle it.'
Sven slowed down a bit. 'You think so?'
'Positive.'
'It was good talking to you..'
'You too, Swedish blondie. Get some rest.',
They entered the quiet, dark hallway.

And the two of them walked their separate ways. It had been a crazy talk, and they certainly won't talk about it to the others. But they'll remember it.
————————————————————
Sorry for the short chapter, I just had to wrap up this scene quickly. I can say the next one will be a bit longer than this!
Peace out!