Chapter 22: Reunion

Alyssa POV, a few hours later

Alyssa sat in a tent, in some new clothes; a purple and grey top with a navy blue skirt and her silver trousers. She was tapping her feet and thinking about the Toppat Clan. Sure, they were criminals that had robbed a lot of valuable things, and they had probably taken countless lives. But her friends, they didn't belong there. The Svensson twins joined out of desperation, and the others could do so much better in an honest surrounding!

She wished she could do something about it. Alyssa tapped her feet more aggressively.

"Hey, so, you're Alyssa, aren't you?"

A tall man with red headphones with a camouflage jacket and jeans smiled at her, hands in jacket pockets.

She stood up and replied, "Yes, I'm Alyssa. Why do you ask?"

"I'm Charles, Henry's oldest friend. Nice to meet you. You were a big subject here a two weeks ago."

"I was what-?"

"Henry freaked out when he heard you ran away.",, Charles said.

"Oh. Typical of him, and you said you were Charles? You're the one who sabotaged the Airship?"

"Yes, I did. I'm happy the Clan has come to an end."

"They're getting arrested now?!", Alyssa was suddenly alert.

"Yeah, so what's the problem?"

"No! I can't let this happen!", she said and sprinted out of the tent, Charles following her.

"Hey, what's the big deal?!"

Alyssa didn't answer. Instead, she ran around, trying to find either Ellie or Henry. She spotted Ellie with some other girls, and called out to her.

"Ellie! Ellie, could you help me with something?"

Ellie turned around and gave a friendly smile, "Yeah sure! What is it you want?"

Charles caught up from behind her, panting.
"What's the problem? Why did you-" he inhaled sharply, "-run off like that?"

"I'll tell you later, Ellie, tell me where the General is. I want to talk to him."

Ellie pointed to the left of her, "The biggest tent will be where he is. Why?"

"Great! Now could you come with me?", Alyssa grabbed her and started running again to her left.

"Wha- Alyssa! Slow down a bit.."

Alyssa didn't slow down until she had caught sight of the biggest tent. She slowed to a stop in front of the entrance.

Ellie and Charles were out of breath.

She took a deep breath and went in. The other two followed her.

Alyssa spoke up, "General? You here?"

The old soldier replied back, "Well, if it isn't Stickmin's little sister, along with Charles and Ellie. Is there something wrong?"

"The Toppats have been arrested? All of them?"

"Well yes. Thanks to your brother and his friends, they did an exceptional job."

"Can you let some go? Please? I know they aren't bad on the inside!"

The General looked bewildered at this request. Ellie and Charles looked at the little girl in front of them in surprise.

The General cleared his throat and asked in a calm tone, "Is there a reason why?"