Chapter 14: A Special Day

Henry POV

Since last evening, he had been feeling a mix of happiness, nervousness and exhilaration.

Henry lay in his bed early morning on the February 15th.

My sister's birthday...

'Happy Birthday Alyssa....'

Sure, Ellie was his girlfriend now. That was the best thing that ever happened in three weeks. But still, he felt an empty void, right where his sister should be.

He still felt like an idiot.

Today he was going to find out if the Toppat Clan had Alyssa or not. If they didn't...Henry didnt want to think about that..

Alyssa POV

Valentine's Day had been a surprisingly normal day. Other than all the couples acting extra lovey-dovey while she was working. That had been slightly awkward.

Burt and Sven hadn't really found anyone yet. For Sven, it was probably for the best. For Burt......maybe not.

Also she was 18 today. Cheers. A legal adult at last.

She threw off the blanket and changed to her formal clothes, excited to see what may be in store today. Usually her birthday was ignored but that could finally change, with the people she was hanging around now.

While brushing her hair into a low ponytail, since a high one made it hard to wear a hat, someone knocked on the door. Before Alyssa could open it, Sabrina tumbled out of the door and squeezed her affectionately.

'WHO'S THE BIRTHDAY STAR TODAY?!'

Yeah...Earrings had started calling her 'Star' ever since she had told her that was her nickname. It was a bit annoying at times but also very sweet.

'Sabrina...can't...BREATH-!'

'Oops, sorry! I'm just very excited because you're an adult!'

'Honestly, me too.'

Earrings let go of her and brushed her blonde shoulder length bangs behind her ear. She smiled and sat down on her bed.

'Your room is comfy! Why haven't you invited anyone here yet?'

'I don't really like having anyone over. I prefer this one space being solitary.'

'Fancy talk. Oh, and also Sven told me to give you this!'

'What? What could the great and all mighty Toppat leader have to give to a measly worker in Communications?'

'I don't know, he told me it was private. Weird. He never keeps anything from me.'

Earrings handed over a note. Alyssa opened it and on it was two sentences scribbled in fancy handwriting.

Alyssa,
Meet me in the West Balcony tonight at 8:00. You won't regret it.
Sven

'So? What did he say?', Earrings asked.

Alyssa saw no point in keeping this from her since there was nothing so special, so she told her.

'West Balcony? That's close to your room, you'll find it!'

'Okay.'

'Oh come on! Lighten up and smile! It's your special day today!'

Alyssa smiled slightly, partly because she was still very sleepy. She didn't know why she had dressed up in the first place. Earrings got up and they both walked out.