Chapter 17 ~ The watch...

I carefully lift the watch out of the box after I put the letter down on my bedside table. I activate it by saying, "Anna, turn on." And It lights up into a light blue colour.

"Hello. What should I call you?" The watch replies. Shocked for a second I struggle to get some of my words out, "call me Hope." I say, a smile making its way into my lips. This is so cool.

The scream lights up with my name and Anna responds, "Would you like to change what you call me?" She asks, her voice very monotone.

I shake your head. I then realise she can't see me so I say, "oh. No, I like the name, Anna."

"Ok. Would you like a run through on what I can do?" She asks.

I smile and lay back onto your bed, "yes!" A sense of excitement fills me as she starts talking about background checks, settings, options and everything she can do.

The screen changes every few seconds to something different that she can do, unsure you will remember this you say, "Anna if I forget what to do can I ask you?"

"Yes, you can ask any question at any time and if I don't have an answer I will tell you." I smile and she finishes up the run through.

I try out a few of the settings and then try a background check, "do a background check on... Peter Parker." I say excited.

She lights up with a picture of him and I smile, "Peter Parker, AKA spiderman. Age 15, height 5,7. Peter Parker lives with his aunt May Reilly as his Parents-"

I interrupt her quickly, "Anna, stop. I would like to find out about his personal life myself, thank you though. Could I hear some of his likes?" I ask, rolling into my stomach as I watch the screen change as she speaks.

"Of course. Peter Parker likes experiments, science activities, taking photos and saving the city. In his spare time, he likes to build things with Lego, mainly with his friend Ned Leeds. Is there anything else you would like me to do?" She asks, removing the picture of Peter.

The screen looks just like a blue-faced clock now, almost as if nothing happened, "No,thank you. That was everything I wanted to know." I check the time and see I have an hour before Peters picking me up so I start getting ready.

I choose to wear a simple black dress that hugs my body nicely. The dress ends a little above my knees and doesn't show too much cleavage, making it a mix between party and casual. I wasn't too sure what the dress code was.

I put on some mascara and pink lipgloss when Peter texts me, "we're five minutes away."

I respond and go downstairs, putting my shoes on. I start to get a couple nervous butterflies as I don't usually go to many parties. It's part of my rules. I guess this place is a bit different though. I've already told Mr Starks assistant I'm going out so I grab my bag and wait outside.

After a few seconds Peters aunt pulls up so I get in and she starts driving to the party. "Hope? Right?" She asks, a kind smile on her face.

I smile back, "yes it's nice to meet you may." I reply, catching her eye in the car mirror.

Peter stares at me for the first few seconds in the car but he tries to hide it before I noticed. Obviously that didn't work.

We all talk for a while and May keeps asking you questions, I laugh as I answer them while Peter tries to tell her to stop pestering me.

We finally get to the house, I say my goodbyes to May and slide out the car. As I do this, Peter begins to complain.

"I don't think we should do this. Maybe we should go home." He says, worry starting to fill his sweet eyes.