Chapter 41 -Fragrance-

"Is this good enough for you?"

"Mm... how about looking towards the pond over to that direction instead?"

After Senra had come up with his idea, the purple-haired male had been told that the one thing that the blonde had never painted before was him and so here they are now. Both trying to figure out away to please the other in some way that they could. Though it was a bit awkward a few times considering how much the blonde wanted the angle and the pose to be precise.  Shima on the other hand never really minded. It wasn't every day that he got to do this and most definitely for someone like Senra.  After a few more minutes, the other male would then tilt his head.

"Hm... how about this. Here, stay still for a second."

"Well, I wasn't planning on moving anyways." He smiled, holding his position before he blonde's hand grazed his cheek slightly. Yet despite it only being for a brief moment, somehow he almost felt as if it was the same familiar touch he had felt years ago. Shima back then was friends with him for the longest time during his childhood and yet, he had almost forgotten what his friend's touch felt like. It was sweet, gentle, and had this sense of welcome to it. Making the purple-haired male to suddenly lean his head closer in order to feel that same touch from before. Senra on the other hand had almost panicked from the other's sudden action. Because he knew that Shima was someone who was a bit more affectionate around him but he really hadn't expected this from him at all. Well, not in this moment at least.

It was already a few seconds though but even he himself didn't feel uncomfortable. Which to him, was a little off but he never really payed much mind to this. Instead, he simply allowed the other to stay close. Shima's eyes though were something that reminded him of amethysts. Shining ever so brightly under the shade of the sun, revealing a different yet a refreshing expression from him. His eyes were closed and his lips were forming a smile. One of which Senra had found so incredibly charming. It was until then that he felt his face heat up as he began to look away before the other gave a teasing smile.

"Something wrong?" The blond shook his head, denying anything else that was coming out of the male's mouth before he suddenly covered his mouth himself. "Look, do you want me to finish the painting or not?"

"I do.."

Senra then let out a sigh, patting him on the head gently with a smile. "Then let's get started."

From every stroke he made, the canvas has slowly begun to show a wonderful mess of colors. It was a warm mid-spring day, and everything was going well as the two males had also done some conversation between each other. The moment was something so very similar and yet, the two still could not figure out exactly why. Perhaps it was because of a situation that had happened perhaps near the winter's bitter cold back when the two were just younger kids enjoying their childhoods. When was it? The month of November perhaps?

"One... two... three!"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY SORARU-SANNN!!!!"

The young ravenette was staring at his friends with a surprised expression, noticing the cake that was on the table with white and blue colored icing that was neatly placed on the edges of the cake to create little nice designs. Almost similar to the ocean's waves. On the top on the cake though was the boy's name with a written message of happy birthday. Today he was turning the age of fourteen and course, he himself was happy as well. Each of his friends had come up to give him a hug to congratulate him. Because to most of them, the age of fourteen was basically the age where they believed was something so cool and even lucky for that matter. "Uwahhh~ Soraru-san is getting older each day huh?" The albino said as he smiled brightly before he clung onto the boy. "Soraru-san is so cool!"