Chapter 42 -The Forgotten Answer-

"I hate you, and so please..."

Don't ever show your face to me again.

That was all that he had woken up to. The sound of a voice from a distant memory and all that Eve could do was just simply live on with it. Because no matter how much he had tried, it had never once left him at peace. And though he has admitted that these exact words along many others, the masked male would still end up in fear. For the many possibilities of this happening again, was still admittedly high. He didn't want this to happen again, he just wanted everything to stay the way things were at this very moment with those he loves. Yet even so, the fresh air would begin to settle in. Allowing him to take the moment to breathe and clear his mind off of things.

He then stood up as he made his way towards the wardrobe, taking his chosen clothes of the day along with his mask as he smiled. It was just his regular attire whenever it was just for a regular day really. Especially since everyone had been taking the time to either explore or to just simply hang out and bond with each other. Now he himself had wanted to spend some more time with at least Sou since the two had agreed to meet up with the chaotic duo from before being Mafumafu and Soraru. Well, or so he thought-
Because the moment he had slid the door to the side, his eyes were met immediately with the moon shining above him.

"Ah... that's right." He muttered, reminding himself that they were meeting up tomorrow morning, not tonight. They had already met up after all. Yet, he still couldn't help but admire the night sky and so he decided to sit down next to the wooden door. Letting out a sigh, Eve began to wonder what else there was to this world because to be honest. All he had ever known was the land of the two sides but there was a question that he had been meaning to ask at least Luz or at least the petite girl being Lon. Because, in all honesty.

What even lead these two groups to go against each other?

He already knew that there's been conflict due to the many fallen villages and such but, Luz had never told him exactly why this had all happened. Now, everyone else knew whether some liked it or not. Being their memories and yet even so, Eve looked to the side as each felt guilt rise even more. Oh how he had hated himself for knowing the truth.

Well, if it truly was the truth that is.

The male had his own personal known thoughts but even with that, he couldn't quite confirm anything yet. Because even his friends had begun to question the same thing. They had all got along as if they had known each other since forever. Which in truth, was actually something that Shima and even Sakata hadn't been lying about. Because even Eve himself knew that very well. Despite, the other side always wounding up being confused. It still scared those who knew, who remembered. The pain of having to someday spit it all out when it's truly necessary or when they feel like the time is right, they too would have to feel the same pain from those years ago. It's either staying the same, or being hated all over again. It was clear that no one had wanted to lose their friendships, and so many would perhaps keep it under wraps. Including himself.

Yet from afar from his view, he was able to catch a view of a swift moving figure among the trees. It was a robed figure, much like from the ones he and the two groups had saw from far back when they hadn't gotten along yet. 'What are they doing here..' He thought, grabbing his umbrella from the side of his bed inside his room. The male had barely managed to see though on pinpointing the other's direction. It was concerning for him to see considering the fact that many of his friends had probably already fallen asleep. That or had probably gone out to take a stroll around the village for supplies and such. Though despite that, he then realized that the figure swiftly run past one of the doors that led to one of the halls around the building. To which led to the room he knew that Senra and Shima were in. He didn't let time fly by though as he too had begun to make his way towards the same hall. Not allowing the figure get their way.