"You Need To Hold Hands"

Sam's POV-

I tried to play it off like I was acting gay, if only Colby knew the truth. I skipped up to my room, and shut the door in fear. I texted Corey to come upstairs. He came into my room minutes later. " Did you hear what Colby said, we are going on a date tonight." Corey's eyes widened in shock. "You know this was going to happen Corey, it's just I wasn't expecting all this to happen at once. I'm so nervous for a date that he doesn't even think is a date. We are just friends." Corey walked over and shut my bedroom door. "You need to tell him." I shook my head "No, I can't do that to Kat. We've been together for almost two years, I can't do that now." Corey shook his head and grabbed my phone which I had left on my bed.

"Wait- Corey give that back!" Corey grabbed my phone and unlocked it, pulling up to my text conversations. "I'm telling her." I squealed in fear "NO LET ME DO IT! I'LL TELL HER JUST LET ME DO IT!" "Already did it." Corey gave me the phone and I looked at the text. We have to talk, it's about Colby. Can you call me sometime today? A lump grew in my stomach. Right as I finished reading the text, I heard a knock on my door. "Hey Sam, Brennan wants to film a vlog tonight. Can we have a lunch date now instead?" Corey looked at me and I replied shyly. "Sure, u-uh just give me a minute to change." "Change? All we are doing is going to tender greens." I squinted my eyes embarrassed. "Right, coming." 

Corey and I left my room, I put my phone in my pocket and walked down the stairs with Colby. Colby grabbed his keys and we walked towards the garage. "Don't forget you need to hold hands." I heard Tara say behind my back, walking right past her not realizing she was in the kitchen with us. I blushed not saying anything. Right as she finished speaking, I felt a hand touch my own. I turned around to see Colby batting his eyes silly. "Lets go Sammy I'm so hungry baby" He said in a girly voice, pulling me into the garage. Tara and Jake were in the kitchen and began laughing as he pulled me away. Shortly after shutting the door Colby got back to his normal self. By the time we had gotten to his car, about a minute had passed as he let go of my hand. 

We got to tender greens and chatted just like normal friends. As we were finished eating, I ran to the bathroom. I heard the bathroom door open and Colby yell my name. "What?" "Hey Sam, Kat has been calling you numerous times. You should take this." I didn't realize I had left my phone at the table. I looked to see Kat had called 7 times. "Call her." I looked at Colby and said "Can I have a moment alone?" Colby looked at me shocked. " Uh, sure dude. I'll be outside." I felt bad. I never made Colby leave the room for anything. Any time it was a serious conversation, he was always around. "Hello?" I answered, pulling my ear away from the phone as Kat yelled back.