7teen

Sunday 16th August- 1 year, 2 months and 7 days ago
12:05am

Y/N's POV

The sea is the only pure thing in this world.

It takes and gives, just like justice. Love it and it shall love you; hurt it and it shall hurt you.

It's beautiful.

A thousand jewels could not compare to the beauty of the sparkling sea, ebbing and flowing so serenely.

We sat on Santa Monica Pier, gazing out onto the wide, flat plain of ocean illuminated only by the full moon above. Our feet knocked each others' as we dangled our legs off the pier. His arm hugged my waist and my head rested on his shoulder.

We were so quiet, leaving the waves to fill the silence in the air.

The cool sea air breezed across my cheeks and through my hair. It picked up the ever-so comforting scent of the boy next to me: eucalyptus and jasmine.

Everything was perfect.

"I think I love you," I whispered.

The words slipped out of my lips before I had the chance to contemplate whether or not it was true.

But it was true.

Only love could make a person feel this way.

Silence.

"I think I love you too," he whispered back.

We sat at the edge of the world, bathed in the pale moonlight, not uttering another word, completely in content. I had never been happier.

I was finally happy.