nineteen

Y/N sat stiffly in the lounge, staring at the flickering fire that Finn had lit post her arrival. Maddie and Sofia sat either side of her, their arms around her shoulders and holding her close. Wyatt and Jaeden perched on the two chairs facing the sofa the girls were on and Finn leant against the fireplace. They all stared at Y/N anxiously.

Y/N had said a limited amount to anyone after returning home. Mila had settled her down in the lounge with the group of worried teenagers before going next door to the kitchen to talk with Cleo and the girls had hugged her tightly as she cried. They had asked her what happened but through sobs her words were slurred and unidentifiable.

They now sat in silence, numbness enveloping Y/N's body. The only sound was Mila and Cleo's conversation floating through the hallway and the open lounge door.

"She's been out for twelve hours, Mila," Cleo's voice said. "What if press saw her in the state she is?"

"That shouldn't matter right now," Mila bit back. "What should matter is if she is at all okay."

"I think the mascara smudged around her face answers that question."

There was silence for a second.

"What do you think happened?" Cleo asked.

"I don't know," Mila sighed, "but it most definitely has something to do with that boy."

"I sure hope not," Cleo said.

"And why's that?"

"Oscar was good publicity for her."

Silence again.

"Are you being serious right now?" Mila questioned sharply, her voice rising. "That's what you're worried about? You've known this kid since she was five and the most you care about is her publicity."

"You know that I care about her deeply," Cleo replied, her volume too increasing, "but right now we cannot afford a publicity slip. She is in two upcoming TV shows! Imagine that questions if someone recognised her."

"I don't give two fucks about a publicity slip!" Mila was close to shouting now. "I give two fucks about my daughter who is sitting in my lounge absolutely broken." Mila paused, breathing heavily. "You know what? She's not going back to England." She sounded final.

"Mila she has to," Cleo tried to reason. "She's filming in a few days. In fact, she should be leaving tomorrow. "

"No, no," Mila said. "I won't allow it. I won't allow her to go live with Sam whilst she is in this condition. It won't be good for her. It's not happening, I mean it."

"Mila listen to me. She needs to go."

"No, no. I said it's not happening."

"I know what's best for her, Mila."

"You know what's best for her?" Mila cried. "I'm her fucking mother!"

"I'm aware you're her mother but-" and with that there was a door slam and the heated voices became muffled and unidentifiable.

Everybody in the lounge snapped their wide eyes from the direction of the kitchen to Y/N, who was still stared blankly at the fire.

"Y/N," Maddie said softly, "would you like to go upstairs?"

Y/N finally adverted her eye line from the fire to look at Maddie and nod. Sophia and Maddie aided Y/N off the sofa and kept a firm hold on her arms as they walked from the lounge.