twenty-seven

ivy
where are you?
im waiting in the hall
we're gonna be late

sam
I dont feel like going

ivy
what the fuck do you mean
you dont feel like going?
it's tate's birthday
we have to go

sam
We have to go to your
stylist's brother's birthday...

ivy
if this sudden reluctance to go
has anything to do with y/n
istg sam

sam
Of course it's about her
Shes my missing daughter

ivy
we've already agreed that she's
probably with your mother

sam
Why should that stop me worrying?

ivy
look.
you're the one who didn't want her here
so maybe get over it?

sam
When did i say i didn't want her here?

ivy
oh please
it was obvious
why do you think she didn't come home?
i hope you're not replying because you're getting ready

sam
Just go without me

ivy
oh ffs i cant go without you
they're expecting you

sam
Will it really make that much
difference if im not there?

ivy
of course it will
you're like
you know
the big thing

sam
What?

ivy
oh come on
getting someone famous at this party
everyone will love me forever
i mean id take y/n if she was here

sam
Is that all you're with me for?

ivy
oh dont be stupid
of course not
i love you
come one
please come out
we'll have some fun!

sam
Okay fine
I'll be down in 10

ivy
make it 5

"Y/N!" Fiona called up the stairs towards the spare bedroom. "Louis will be here soon; have you gotten his room ready?"

"Yes!" Y/N hollered back as she finished putting the last pillow onto the spare-room bed that Louis would occupy for a coming couple of nights.

She jumped downstairs, two steps at a time, and nearly toppled her grandmother over as she reached the bottom. Y/N looked through both the open living room and kitchen doors at the neat interiors.

"Wow," she exclaimed. "The house is... tidy."

"It's always tidy," Fiona bit back, offended.

"No, no, I know!" Y/N said hurriedly. "I mean it looks tidy-tidy."

Fiona gave a proud glance around. "Well, I thought it would be nice to give Louis a good impression of me and the house."

She started towards the kitchen and Y/N followed, amused by her grandmother's need to dazzle her friend.

"You're not... nervous about meeting Louis, are you?" Y/N queered.

"No, no, of course not," Fiona replied in a tone that most definitely meant she was nervous about meeting Louis. "It's just... well... oh you'll laugh at me."

Y/N gasped and clutched her chest. "I would not!"

Fiona pursed her lips and crossed her arms. "Okay, well... it's just that, apart from you, I don't get very many young visitors, and I thought it might be nice to have him think highly of me."

Y/N grinned. "Nana, he already thinks of you as The Almighty," I reassured. "You have nothing at all to fret about."

Almost like Louis had been listening to them talk from outside the front door, the doorbell rang, emitting a merry tune to alert the home-owner to the person on their doorstep. Fiona practically jumped out of her skin and spent a solid 10 seconds fussing with herself before straightening up and hurrying to the door.

As Y/N followed her she felt the heavyweight of anxiety press on her chest and she only just realised how nervous she was to see Louis. Their relationship dynamic had changed considerably since their previous encounter and she wasn't sure whether their rhythm would still be the same. Her heart rammed uncomfortably against her ribcage as her unsteady legs carried her towards the front door. She got a painful flashback to her anxious walk towards Oscar's front door and had to mentally remind herself that this couldn't end half as bad.

The sounds of Fiona unlatching the door sounded like they were being projected through a megaphone and seemed like they were taking days to be undone.

Before she opened the door, Fiona spun around and looked at Y/N with an anxiety-stricken expression. "Is my lipstick smudged?" she asked.

Y/N shook her head reassuringly.