Chapter 9

We stood there for 10 seconds in silence before I could say something Sammy speaks.

"Uhm can I come in?"

"Yeah sure, do you want coffee or tea, Or a drink or something?" I ask. He never breaks eye contact with me.

"Coffee please" he states and walks in.

I shut the door behind us and walk over to the kitchen with Sammy following me. He seems like a shy person, he is very cute and he looks nice also. He is dressed in a tie dye tank top and brown khakis, he is also wearing boat shoes with this outfit.

"So how long ago did you actually move in?" He asks with a smile on his face.

"Yesterday night" I reply shortly.

"Oh that's pretty cool. Have you met any other people around this neighbourhood?"

"Yeah well this lady named Katherine from next door invited me over for dinner last night, she was a very nice lady."

He nods while taking a sip of his coffee, well for his sake he was more taking a gulp.

After 1 hour of small talk and silence Sammy gets up and puts his coffee cup in the sink.

"Well thanks for having me over, and also thanks for making this coffee for me. We should hang out again" he remarks.

"Yeah it was nice, your welcome over any time" I say feeling my cheeks flush.

I walk him to the door and hug him goodbye. But as I was going to open the door, there was a quiet knock. I open the door to see Jack standing there with his hands in his pocket. It must have started raining outside a little bit because Jack is wearing a wet jumper.

"Come in, come in. You must be freezing"

"Yeah okay thankyou" he replies

"Oh Sammy what brings you here?" Jack says while scratching the back of his neck.

"I was just meeting our new neighbour, Jessie" he talks back with a smile on his face.

"Yeah I know I have met her already" he sternly replies.

"Okay so how do you guys know each other?" I ask while getting Jack a warm blanket.
I hand it to jack.

"Thank you"

"Well? How do you know each other"

"I'm going to go know thank you for the coffee Jessie I'll see you round" he waves at me and walks out the door.

"Please tell me how you guys know each other?" I say in an almost begging tone.

"He was my best friend in preschool and a little bit in elementary and then in high school he kissed Steph making me break up with her. That's what happened between us, but there was heaps more to it"

"Oh so that's why is was really awkward here" I say trying to lighten the mood but it fails.

"So why are you even here? Didn't your mom tell you to stay away from me?"

"What no, why would she do that?"

"Because she came over here just after I got home and said you need to grow up and figure out that you love Steph. She said that I was the type of girl you would go for and I needed to stay away." I blurt out quiet fast.

"What he hell is wrong with her, she can never shut up can she?" He say while clenching his fist.
I decided to stay quiet. I don't want to be involved in many tension with Katherine or Jack, I don't even want to be the reason why he is angry with his mom.

"You know you don't have to listen to her, you can see me if you really want." Jack says not making any eye contact with me.

"Well I would love to see you more but I don't want to be on bad terms with you mother." I state acting like a have a point.

"She doesn't have to know that you are seeing me"

"Jack she is expecting you to spend all your time with Steph" I say in a particularly jealous tone, I don't know why.

"Who cares about steph? Not me at the moment, okay"

"Well okay then I guess we could be better friends then"

"Well I was thinking that I could take you out to dinner tonight?" He asks with his cheeks flushing red.

"Yeah that could work I have nothing on tonight, what time are you going to come get me?"

"Is 6 okay?" He asks.

I nod and follow him towards the door.

"Bye see you tonight then" he says with a smile.

"Bye" I reply smiling at his smile.