Chapter 26

"Lottie..." I let her name escape after a choked scream.

"I hope you found the bathroom!" She says in a claim that surprises me and her face expands even more the instant Theo comes out of the trailer, behind me.

"This disappoints me greatly," she adds.

I swallow saliva without having many tools to defend myself. To tell you the truth, she's right and I don't even recognize myself, anymore...no that's what it looks like. She must have gotten this way because, beyond lying to her, she caught me and Theo inside that pigsty doing something that everyone believes but they're wrong.

"How's the little suck?" says Neo and I want a deep well in the Earth to sink me in and never rise again.

"I can't believe it," continues my friend, increasingly dismayed.

But Amanda talks and I get scared as long as she opens her mouth...woman:

"Yeah, don't be a spoilsport," she says straight to Lottie and surprises me. "Why don't you go find your friends and join in playing with us?"

"No!" intercede. Knowing that those friends of my friend are the worst enemies of this group, who knows what their reaction would be. Still Charlie's voice resonates in my head, warning about the equipment and the Forbidden symbol. She made a clear choice and is not welcome here.

"What's wrong?" Amanda asks, and I can tell Theo's looking at me.

"Only that..." she's really my best friend and she belongs to the Glorious. So I don't want her head ripped off, you're all on fire and right now I have to protect her, she's right, we're leaving.

"Don't, Tracy! Please!" My world is touched by the fact that the one who joins the discussion is Jacob. "You can't be like this! The game has just begun!" Then he turns around and talks enthusiastically to my friend. "Why don't you stay with us for a round, Tracy's friend?"

"Charlotte."

"Nice."

"Not for me. And I have no idea what the hell they're playing at either. Right now, the best part of the pier party is starting, and the option of staying with you doesn't appeal to me."

"Lottie, let's go round and then we'll dance for a while, shall we?" I surprise myself, but I'm the one making the offer to my friend that we stay. The sensible Tracy must have been tied up by The Evil One and right now she can't talk because she probably needs to be gagged and keep me from screwing up.

My friend takes a deep breath as she watches me in confusion. There's something in my eyes that asks her to access and she does, finally:

"What's the game about?"

I get between Theo and Audrey, separating them on purpose and although the movie pretends to bother, she brings her lips to my ears and gets goosebumps as soon as she tells me:

"I hope you like my kisses."

A stream of chills freezes my skin and she is right: if I stay here, I will have the possibility to kiss Theo but I will also have to do it with her which awakens the worst retches of my life.

Then I stand to stand on the other side of Theodore. Still...Summer's right next to me. Hell, this idiot is surrounded right and left by the worst harpies he could have encountered for friends.

Because that's what they are, right?

"What's wrong? Can't find a place or are you uncomfortable kissing another girl?" Dominic provokes me.

I strike him with my eyes and agree to return where I was before: between Jacob and Neo.

"I beg your pardon?"

"Okay, I have no homophobia issues but I refuse to kiss any of you." Lottie screams in the sky. And I understand, if I were her, I think I would react the same way.

"You stand there," I point to the place between Jacob and the black-skinned guy I usually see at soccer games, "and go with the flow. You'll understand what the game is about, okay?" No...no it's so bad.

Dominic serves a glass of vodka to my friend but she reacts the way I expected:

"I don't drink, thank you."

"There's cherry vodka, if you want. We have no more options to offer," explains Jacob and intervene:

"Cherry Vodka for both of us is fine, thank you."

Amanda laughs and Dominic serves us both half a glass of the aforementioned drink, one for each.

"This time I prefer the full glass option," I intervene... I can't imagine having to get between the legs of everyone present. Besides, Lottie would kill me if I knew what the punishment of the game was, which has been imposed especially for those of us who don't drink.

Dominic fills our glass and for tonight, I won't have to get back in the trailer.

After five laps, I lost twice, Lottie once, Amanda once and Audrey the other time. I'm impressed by how good it works for my friend but the drink is already wreaking havoc on me and I can't stop laughing out loud as the smoke comes and goes.

"I can't believe you two are kissing!I mean pointing at Lottie with Jacob. If you only knew that...! Aaaaay, Jesus Christ!"

My stomach hurts and I bend so I don't pee.

After Jacob passes him the smoke, he looks at me and looks funny. He winks at me and I blink flirtatiously. I like him better and better, he's divine.

I feel dizzy and when the matter already begins to seem too monotonous, I stand up at the end of the sixth round in which I have lost again and scream:

"Let's go to the party!"

The campfire is almost dead but some sparks are observed. My filters and lack of sanity push me to run out and kick the remains, Whose heat, I do not perceive.

Surely if I were sober, I wouldn't be behaving like that.

I take my friend by the arm and urge her to get out of this round.

"I want music!" I howl as I take us both running towards the pier where people are dancing and the music is loud.

I know they'll be furious because I didn't follow their rules.

"Just until my headache stops and we go!" My friend replies while we leave Dominic's scream behind us:

"Hey, you must pay your last punishment!!!"

I raise my hand and show him my middle finger as we keep running.

Ten meters further, I hear the noise of Theo's motorcycle behind us and this time, my fun mutates to a horrible fear that cuts my bones as we flee.

They're gonna put us both in the trailer, I'm sure.

follow me on instagram: luisavilaok