Chapter 85

Tracy

I look at myself in the mirror and take a make-up remover cloth to remove everything that I have not finished leaving with the shower and crying.

I fix my hair a little, although my look continues to reveal that I am devastated.

There is no time to fix this.

I go to the window and draw the curtains to find myself on the other side, from his room, with huge green eyes and a perfect smile.

However, his gesture is somewhat frustrated by a few scratches that give me goosebumps.

"Hello!" He greets me.

"H ... hi, Charlie!"

"So long without knowing about you I was worrying."

"Oh ... excuse me, I've been a little busy. How did you carry on after the accident?" I ask him, shameful for not having realized earlier that I was worrying about his health.

"I'm fine, but I don't have a car anymore and my parents took my license away."

"Oh! I'm so sorry!"

"Don't worry, it wasn't your fault, nor do I feel like talking about it now."

"So why are you knocking on my window?" I ask shyly before he sounds too rude.

"I wanted to thank you for how cool the party was tonight."

"What?"

Oh crap. And now how do I explain that it is only for Bad Boys? Will he take it too personally?

"Sure, don't do it." I got the invitation from Zach.

And who invited Zach?

"Zach?"

"Yes," he corroborates, "everyone is aware of the party. And there is a lot of interest. Who would have thought Tracy Smith would throw a party for the entire high school student body!" He blurts out along with a huge smile.

"Ha ...!" How ... amazing, huh?

"Yes! I put on something good and I'll go. Starts at eight, right?"

No! At nine!

"Is that what they told you?"

"Yes."

"Then eight o'clock!"

"See you later," he responds with a wink.

Shit.

Oh Tracy, what trouble did you get into ...

Think, think, think, there has to be a way other than him.

I could call him.

Not him, I said.

But it's the only thing I can think of.

He is there you see.

Do you know a better alternative?

Yes, jump into a well until tomorrow and leave your front door locked.

But then I would be the laughing stock of the entire high school.

Ha, so don't get out of that well until college.

You know that idea is not good.

Neither is yours.

But it is an attempt at a solution, you do nothing but contribute anything.

Until a few moments ago you said you were going to forget it.

I know, but it's none of your business!

Okay, I understand that trying to call Theo and ask him to help me is not the best alternative to letting him be, however, he may not even answer my cell phone when I call him.

Besides, he may see me in danger and want to return. I'm stupid for not calling him earlier or trying to apologize, how bad was the string of things I told him?

And how bad is the string of things he did to you?

Do not mess!

I think about it several times but I end up taking my cell phone and while I debate whether it is a good idea or not to have done it, I pray to all the deities of the world that he will help me find an alternative.

Sounds.

He is calling.

I improvise what I can say to him, although at the fourth call someone answers on the other side and I realize that my despair is not so much to find a solution to this night that will make me deserving of the worst punishment of my life but because I am dying to talk to him .

I die because he answers me.

For giving it another chance.

For the fact that he knows how to give it to me.

—...

"Hello?"

—...

Nothing.

"Theo, are you there?"

A breath.

Two breaths.

Three.

And he hangs up.