Chapter 96

To: Tracy Smith's mom

To: Mrs. Smith

To: Witch

Subject: Hello unfortunate

Subject: Must I see her, really, or you might as well go to hell...

No, no, no, as much as the keys tempt me to type the unspeakable, I cannot use terms that can play against me.

To: Mrs. Smith

Urgent matter

Sent: Saturday December 24th. 00:16 AM

"I am writing directly to you so that you understand the urgency of this message.

I need to see Tracy again. One last time, please. Just that I ask of you, damn it and a shit

Only that I ask from my heart since I have never asked for anything

I ask only that. In a shop.

This begging for something becomes extremely difficult for me and I have an urgent need to clarify unfinished business with your daughter. I'm worried about her.

That's it,

PS: Try a bullet in the eye

PS: If you don't grant me the favor, at least give her my Christmas greetings. By the way..."

Remembering her previous email awakens me a thousand images, including her phrase, "I know whose side you are on".

Like the mark on her forearm. That wound with skin that does not regenerate.

At first glance it seems to be a burn but the ropes begin to tie in my head ... I don't lose anything by taking the risk but, heck, I have a hypothesis in my hands that I cannot let go of even if my skin is at stake.

Her hate for me from day one.

Her attention on my tattoos.

Her rebellious past.

Her warning: She KNOWS which damn side I'm on.

I keep typing ...

"By the way ... it intrigues me to know which side you are on...."

Of course! It has to be true, please, it has to be!

She ... hell ... is it or not?

If she doesn't want to tell me at least she can tell me which side she was on. In the curious case that she decides not to send my regards to her daughter, Tracy may begin to suspect that she had a past with many secrets ...

"Have a happy holiday.

With love, the potential son-in-law of yours,

Theo."