prologue

stay by me darling
[ nishimura riki ]
by nishiflwrs

warnings : cursing
pairing : nishimura riki & fem!reader
chapter word count : 384

prologue
______________________________________________

"how did you even convince dad to move me?"

"i just said i can watch over you better if we attend the same school," your brother chuckled.

i scoffed picking up my small backpack from the floor. jungwon already out the door, ready to start walking away,

"can you hurry sister? i want you to meet my friends before the day starts"

"yes hold on i'm putting my shoes on!" i tied the untied laces, then scurried out and slammed the front door closed.

"we're walking?!" i asked gloomily, already dreading the walk to school.

"correct," jungwon walked ahead, already a couple feet away.

"slow down, my foot feels sore," i limped towards him quickly.

"your soulmate is crazy," jungwon sighed again, watching me limp.

"i know, i just turned 15 a few months ago and it feels like everyday he's in pain," i complained walking beside him, "you're lucky your soulmate doesn't get hurt much," i went on, annoyed of my soulmate's physical activeness.

"i am,"

"do you think if i meet my soulmate, it'll hurt less? i don't really know much about that soulmate shit yet,"

"oh yea, i heard that if you and your soulmate are close you don't feel pain," jungwon thought about the things his older friends told him about soulmates.

"close as in like 5 meters or what?" haeun started to walk normally again.

"touching," jungwon laughed.

"well i'm not getting over this soulmate pain anytime soon," she sighed, "wait- can't you feel emotional pain of your soulmate too?"

"yep, but you can only feel it if you've already met them," jungwon explained more to his younger sister that turned fifteen just a few months ago, "apparently feeling their emotional pain really hurts, like a really insane heartache i guess, i don't really know since i haven't met mine yet,"

she thought, is finding my soulmate a good or bad idea? what if my soulmate is at this very school i'm now attending, what if- "ow-" she let out a groan of pain.

jungwon turned to the girl checking if she was alright.

"are you okay?" jungwon covered his mouth, hiding his laugh,

"stop laughing! you suck," i whined, lifting my foot from the ground, going back to limping,

"we're almost there don't worry," he chuckled in response, "your soulmate is probably an athlete or something,"

"i hate it here, my soulmate sucks,"
_________________________

in a world where, when you turn fifteen you can start feeling the pain of your soulmate,

fifteen you can start feeling the
pain of your soulmate,

you cannot feel pain when
you are physically in contact
with them.

you cannot feel the emotional
pain of your soulmate until
you meet them.