Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Ben sat in the chair in the medical wing, sitting patiently as the small medical droid worked on healing the cut across his face. Had Saya been uninjured, she could have healed it in seconds with no scar to show. However, she continued to heal from her own injury and sleep in the medical bed next to him.

The First Order was able to take out most of the ships as they were escaping. However, he couldn't make the final shot into the Resistance's main ship. He couldn't kill his Mother. Although he didn't stop the other two TIE fighters from firing on the ship. He knew his Mother survived. He would have known if she didn't.

Ben was finally brought back from his thoughts when a presence made itself known, almost causing a chill to go up his spine. He felt the great power of the force suddenly enter the room. It wasn't Saya's power. While her presence always filled his senses and heightened his own power, this was different. This was a different kind of power.

After looking around the room, he finally faced straight ahead and looked right into the eyes of the scavenger from Jakku.

Time seemed to slow as they stared at each other in amazement.

How was this even possible?

In an instant, the girl grabbed the blaster next to her and aimed right for his chest. He jumped at the sound of the blaster, but felt no pain. Looking around, she didn't even miss him. While he heard it go off, the baster shot disappeared right after she pulled the trigger.

He jumped up from his seat and glared at the scavenger. She wasn't even there.

Perhaps she could still be manipulated. He shot his arm out and concentrated.

"You will bring Luke Skywalker to me!"

Nothing. She only continued to glare at him. He lowered his arm.

"You're not doing this. The effort would kill you. Can you see my surroundings?"

"You're going to pay for what you did!" She snapped at him

He ignored the comment. "I can't see yours. Only you."

Ben continued to look around her. He saw nothing else out of the ordinary. Only her.

"No... This is something else..." He said it more to himself than to her.

When he finally looked back to the spot she was standing in, she was gone.

Ben slowly sat back down in his seat, feeling uneasy.

He had no personal connection with the girl. So why would the force connect them?

-!-!-!

Saya's eyes fluttered open for the second time. The lights were dim and it was easier for her to lift her head and look around. The room was almost empty, other than the one droid hovering around the room. However, the moment she was up, a small light on top of the droid turned red and practically flew out of the room.

She looked around and was thankful the two men were gone from the room. Looking beside her, she saw an empty chair.

Had Ben been here at all? Where was he?

Then, as if lightning had struck her, everything came rushing back to her.

Ben tricking her into marriage. Her searching the base, desperate to find him.

And Ben killing his father.

She felt tears fall from her eyes and she couldn't stop herself from sobbing. Everything came back to her. She ignored the sudden rush of dizziness and tried to stand, ripping the breathing mask back off her face. The worst part was the memory of his choice. He killed his father and made his choice of staying with the First Order over redemption and a new life with her.