Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Saya had no idea how long she had been asleep. She awoke with a jolt and quickly took in her surroundings. She certainly wasn't in the holding cell anymore. The room was large, obviously for someone in power. The bed she was in was also large with black sheets. The room was overall dark with no sign of any warmth. There were no pictures, no personal signs of life. Only papers on a table with a chair. There was also a bookcase against one of the walls. It felt cold and empty to her.

She got up and realized she was in new clothes. She shivered at the thought of someone changing her. The dress was a lot smaller than she was used to. The healers wore only floor length dresses with long sleeves. All but their heads and hands were covered. She was wearing a knee length black dress with short sleeves. Black was not a color the healers approved of, as it meant death. She had only ever worn tan and white.

She walked around and realized there was a large window against one of the walls next to a small door. She walked into a large bathroom with a large standing shower. She had to admit to herself she liked the idea of being able to use it. The window revealed a large view of a snowy forest.

This certainly isn't Jakku. Where am I?

She looked and saw another small door to the left. She opened the door and walked into a very small room with only a chair and a table. She moved closer and saw something large on the table.

Is that... a melted helmet?

A moment later, she heard the main door open and footsteps. His presence alone made her shake. She felt unable to move as she felt him stand in the doorway behind her.

"Saya"

He was wearing the mask. She didn't turn to face him and continued staring at the melted helmet.

Take off the mask Ben. I need to see your face.

She heard the small clicks being undone as he walked around her, standing in front of the small table across from her. She slowly looked up into his eyes, small tears forming. She tried to ignore them.

I thought you were dead...She told me you were dead...

"Who told you I was?"

The Superior Mother. She told me the temple was destroyed...because I was seeing you...

Ever since they met, Saya could feel his emotions when he was near her. She was never sure why. She guessed because of her own power.

She felt a surge of anger run through him

"You know that is a lie Saya."

I know... but that is what I was told. Where am I? Where did you bring me?

"The base of the First Order. This is your home now." He stated it as a fact. The intensity in his eyes made Saya scared to argue back about his statement.

Did you do it? Did you destroy the Jedi temple and kill them all Ben?

He cast his eyes down to the helmet on the table.

"Ben... is a name I destroyed long ago. He died the night the temple was destroyed. I found the path I am meant to be on, Saya"

A path that led you to death and destruction... a path you took and left me behind...

Ben immediately looked up and into her eyes.

"I tried to find you!" He yelled, making Saya jump. Anger was coursing through him now.

"After I destroyed the Jedi temple, I ran to find you. But the Healer's temple was empty. I spent years trying to find you!"

The entire time he spoke, he slowly made his way around the table to her. Saya couldn't stop herself from taking a few steps back.