Chapter 17

tw: burning, blood

Shock covered Techno's face. He couldn't believe what Tommy has said to him. It would make sense though. The Blood God held the Angel of Death down to the ground and was about to put a sword into his side. Tommy was only trying to protect the one he called father. He had every right to hold a sword against Technoblade. 

Techno looked at the sword Tommy held. It was the same sword that Tommy had used to cut the scar in his face. It still had blood stains on it, that you could barley see.

Techno sighed. "Tommy..."

"Please get off of him, Technoblade." Tommy was shaking and tears were rolling down his face. "I don't wanna hurt you."

Tommy's voice sounded so hurt and in pain. It hurt Techno to watch him cry and be scared of him. Techno never thought he would see someone he care about be truly scared of him. He had always seen the fear in people's eyes every time he walked through a town. They would run away, but wouldn't be able to get far. Technoblade would have already destroyed everything before they were able to escape.

Techno slowly got off the injured god. He stood up and looked at the scared avian. Tommy's white wings were puffed out, to make him look bigger. The wings were protecting his arms from any danger that could come near. Tommy's blue eyes was the only color that was different from the purple and red all around.

"Don't you remember what I have taught you?" Techno told Tommy. "To not be scared of anything."

"But...I am scared, Technoblade." Tommy said, he sounded more scared than he looked. "I don't wanna kill you."

"I know. I know, Tommy." Techno said as he reached out for Tommy.

Tommy moved away from Techno's hand. He didn't want Techno to touch him. Technoblade moved his hand back and could feel his heart break. He shouldn't be feeling horrible, but he does. 

"Don't be scared." Techno said. "You shouldn't be scared of me."

"You are trying to kill us." Tommy sobbed. "I'm scared."

Tommy backed up, his sword still pointing at Techno. He knew what he had to do, but too scared to even go near someone he once looked up to. Painful tears flowed down his face and his wings puffed up more. He didn't want to get close to Techno.

"Tommy!" Phil yelled from behind Technoblade.

Techno turned around to see a crossbow being pointed at his heart. He quickly moved to the side. The arrow had been shot and it hit the side of Techno's arm. Blood stained Techno's white shirt and he grabbed the new wound. He stared at Phil and pulled out his sword. He brought it back and hit something behind him. Techno turned around to see Tommy being thrown to the ground. 

Tommy's wing had landed in a fire and his wing got set on fire. He screamed in pain and quickly pulled it away. Techno grabbed Tommy's wing and put it out. The white wing was burnt up and there was a huge part of missing feathers. Techno stood up, over Tommy, and stared down at the young injured boy.

Tommy stared up at the Blood God, shaking and holding his wing.

Tommy looked over at Phil, tears in his eyes. "I don't wanna die, Phil!"

"You're not, Tommy. I won't let him." Phil said, as he took out his sword.

Techno stared down at the young boy. He couldn't believe what Tommy had just said.

He's scared of us? We're protecting him. Kill Phil. Don't hurt the boy. Just destroy the town. The voices all said at once.

"You're...you're scared of me?"