Chapter 18

"T-Tommy..." Techno reached for Tommy.

Tommy pulled away. "Don't touch me! You're gonna kill me, aren't you?"

"You're...Tommy, I did this to save you." Techno kneeled down next to Tommy, blood still dripping down his arm.

"No you didn't. You did this to kill all of us!" Tommy looked away from Techno.

Techno looked at Tommy. He wasn't looking at him and it hurt. Techno looked up at the destroyed town around them. It was completely gone and everyone had run off to the forest. the rest watched from the treeline. He could see horror on their faces as they stared at him. Techno had seen people watch in horror many times before, so many, too many. He got so used to it that it was eventually numb to him, but why did it hurt to watch them.

Techno could hear Phil load a crossbow behind him. It was most likely loaded with a firework that could kill him on the spot. 

The Withers hissed as Phil pointed the crossbow at Techno's back. One of them started to create a fireball in its mouth. Techno raised his arm, telling it not to do anything more. The Wither hissed and stared back at Phil, who's finger was on the trigger.

"Technoblade, it's your time to die. You have caused so many deaths. You have killed too many people already." Philza said, as blood still poured down his wing. "You have to die now."

"I understand." Techno said, turning to Tommy. "I have to make up for my mistakes."

Techno grabbed Tommy and hugged him. Tommy was taken by surprise, but hugged him back. His tears damped Techno's shoulder. He could feel Techno smiling. Tommy gripped Techno's cape a little harder and planted his head in Techno's arm. He shouldn't have been crying, but yet he is. Techno was just about to kill Phil, why was he crying?

Techno stood up and let go of Tommy. He took out his nether rite sword and handed it to him. Tommy carefully took the beautiful black sword. Tommy looked back up at Techno, who was still smiling down at him. Techno put his hand out and Tommy grabbed it. Techno pulled him up and grabbed the sword, pointing the tip straight at his heart.

"T-techno? What're you doing-" Tommy didn't know why Techno held the sword against his own heart.

"I want you to drive this sword through my heart." Techno said in a very calming voice.

Tommy started to cry more when Techno sounded serious. He could hear the wither stop attacking and looking over at their king, who held a sword against his own heart. 

"But you're my...family." Tommy said, the sword shaking in his hands. "I don't wanna kill you."

"What about earlier?" Techno asked.

"Do you think I still wanted to?! I look up to you as an older brother, Technoblade! If I kill you, who will teach me how to fight?" Tommy asked.

Techno smiled warmly and placed his hand on Tommy's cheek. "Sometimes, things are just never meant to be."

Tommy grabbed Techno and held him tightly, the sword piercing through Techno's heart. Techno slowly fell to the ground and looked at Tommy. His eyes slowly turning grey. He took off his cape and placed it around Tommy's shoulders. Next, he took off his purple crown and placed it on Tommy's head. Tommy's tears fell onto Techno's shirt.

"Please don't leave me." Tommy begged.

"I'm so proud of you, Tommy." Techno said, pulling Tommy in for one last hug. "I'm so proud of you..."

With those final words. Technoblade had drifted off to an endless sleep. The Withers bowed down to their dead king and slowly turned into purple mist. The land around was slowly put out by the mist. The others had come over and stared down at the dead god. His pink hair looked so messy without a braid.

Tommy grabbed a few strands of Techno's hair. He put in a little braid and ended it with a small band. He slowly put the braid back down.

Tommy grabbed the purple and red cape, holding it tightly on him. 

The Blood God was finally dead.

---

Techno's eyes opened. He was met with a dark empty void around him. there was only him in it. He whipped his head around, looking for something.

"Well hello, Blood God." A voice came from behind him.

Techno turned around to be met with a man. This man had on a green sweatshirt with a white smiling mask on his face. Behind the mask, you could see his green eyes glowing. The man just stared at the Blood God. Techno had met this man before. He knew who he was.

"Puppeteer." Techno said, glaring at the god into front of him.