Pirate Wizards (oneshot)

Ship: none
Tw: fantasy violence, killing an animal, mentions of v0m1t, guns, swords, crying, not in character
Au: Hermitcraft but pirate wizards
Around 2880 words

I am officially done with the school year! This was my final project for LA, so I hope you like it. Yes I wrote fanfiction for LA.

Pirate wizards from outer space. That’s what they were. Captain Scar and his crew were known across the galaxy for their bravery and skill, inspiring millions to adore them. Scar loved the attention. He funded everything the crew needed and trained them to be who they are now. He loves his pet “cat,” Jellie, and she never leaves his side. Jellie was just a cute name, but Scar got his for all of the marks left on his body, so he clearly isn’t the most cautious person on board. Together they lead, but they can’t do everything by themselves. That’s why he had picked his crew based on their personalities and skills.

First is quartermaster Cleo. She is in charge of the lads when they aren’t in action. She is always making sure that her siren-esque voice can be heard across the universe and her red braids can be seen from miles away. She loves the sights of space and the risks provide good adrenalynn. As a leader, she may occasionally be strict, but she knows boundaries. She recognizes that her crewmates are her good friends, so they should be treated as such.

Hypno the boatswain is next. He is in charge of the cargo and the ship, though he mainly scrubs away pink space barnacles from the bow. He protects materials and treasure, preserving food and water, too. He wears a charcoal bandana around his head to keep blond hair out of his face when daydreaming about his future home on a good planet. He’s very skilled in manipulative magic, picking locks, and tying knots, though he can’t sing for the life of him.

Then there’s Grian the gunner. He is a mischievous wizard who doesn’t really follow rules. He miraculously got placed in charge of anything that needs gunpowder, which strikes fear into the hearts of enemies. There is nothing more terrifying than a short blond boy holding two revolvers in his hands and a dagger in his teeth. One would think that his favourite thing about pirating was fighting, but it’s actually the sun. He loves the sun so much, he named himself after it. He is a bit of an idiot, but his childish personality and ambition make up for it.

Finally, there is Etho. He is objectively the best wizard, but the worst pirate. He gets motion sick easily and hardly pays attention to what is happening around him. He can’t sail or navigate, but he can use a special type of magic that involves the many tattoos plastering his body. He mainly practices possessing objects in his spare time, though he enjoys solitaire, too. Etho is tall and an easy target, but he can sneak out of dangerous situations if he needs to. He and his crewmates make up one of the most tough groups to ever sail across the galaxy.

“Hypno! There’s a rat on board!” Grian shrieked.

“Just kill it, there are a bunch of them everywhere,” he called in response.

“I don’t wanna touch it!” Cleo rolled her eyes at the blond.

“Grow up and do it already.” A gunshot was heard and caught Scar’s attention.

“Did you just shoot a rat?”

“I didn’t want to touch it! You can’t blame me.” Etho floated above him.

“But we can, though. You’re a coward.”

“Says the guy who can’t even stand on deck without hurling.”

“Look, I’m just making Hypno’s job easier. Now he has to clean up blue rat guts, like the ones on your shirt.” Grian looked down. His face contorted into one of disgust and fear. With groans of discomfort, he peeled off the tan cloth and dropped it on the floor, walking to the cabin for something else to wear. Etho stared at the teal stain on the shirt and picked it up. He figured Grian would want it clean. The man rolled up the bottom of his shirt and traced the glowing word on his hip.