05 "I'm pregnant"

warning! violence, murder

.

"Im pregnant"

Both eleven years old Alessia and her twenty years old older brother, Matteo, stared at their step mother who was cradling her still flat belly almost preciously. As if inside it, there is a priceless treasure that she must protect at all cost even if it cost her life.

Considering who's the father is, it's almost understandable for her to act like that.

The both of them are now in Italy, enjoying time together while Alessia is in the middle of summer break. It's rare to see both siblings together these days, with Matteo slowly taking more and more work inside the famiglia, it's hard to see even the tip of his nose in Japan.

Enjoying time together, well that was the plan, until their step mother broke the news.

Pregnant.

A new life inside her.

A new brother or sister.

The silent that resounded after that was deafening. "I-im happy for you" Alessia managed to get out (she's not, mother is gone, they have a new mother, and now will have a new sibling).

The woman, a Brazilian supermodel who is only four years older than Matteo, had married their father a mere three months ago in a ceremony that lasted a week. She was not there
personally, but Matteo is, and he said that their father is utterly besotted with their new step mother. To say that the both of them are shocked would be an understatement, because they're familiar with their father playboy lifestyle. A man who pranced around the world with new woman hanging off his arm every week.

Mrs. Fransesca ("Your new mother" her mind whispered traitorously) smiled, the curl of her lips somehow make the growing feeling of dread inside her more and more unbearable. "Thank you Alessia" she replied. "Your Father said to not tell you guys just yet, but seeing how close the two of you are... i just want to share the news that a new sibling will soon meet the both of you"

Father doesn't want them to know that another child will be coming. That's pretty telling in her opinion. Her eyes flickered to the large smile Mrs. Francsesca still sporting, it seems that she's not aware of Father's true reason for forbidding her to tell them anything.

Ah, thank god Mrs. Fransesca's stupid.

From the loosening of Matteo's hand on hers, she's certain that her older brother is thinking the same thing.

Alessia's not daft. She knows why father decided to keep the news a secret to the both of them. After all, they live in a world where only the strong will survive. A world where blood is not thicker than water, and a child from Father's current wife - a woman that father seems to truly love this time - will be a threat for Matteo's position as heir for Father's criminal empire.

The very empire that keeps them alive and protected.

After all, the name Viglianco carries a lot of weight. It tells people to not mess with them or to not get on their bad side. Its a hard pill to swallow but the reason both of them still survive in the cruel world of mafia is because of the Viglianco name attached to them. If someone - maybe a new sibling from father current wife - stole that from them-

She doesn't want to think what will happen.

From her side, Matteo smiles. It looks genuine with the soft curl of his lips and the soft crinkle between his lashes. "I can't wait" replied Matteo. "I always wants more siblings after all" His eyes flickered towards Mrs. Fransesca stomach and his eyes turns cold for a second.