Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"See you later babe!" I heard Harry yell from the front room, getting ready to leave. I ran to the door to say goodbye.

"I might not be home when you get here later on," I told him "I'm going to look for a job." I said, determined to find one.

"What? Why do you need a job?" he asked, stunned at my statement.

"Harry, if I'm living with you, I'm paying for at least SOME of my things. Clothes at least. Food too." I explained.

"No, you don't need to lift a finger when you're with me. Don't push yourself." he said, not liking tha fact that I want pay for my own things.

"Harry, please" I begged, looking up at the tall figure above me. He rolled his eyes and finnaly agreed. "Thank you do much Harry! I promise, I won't choose to be a stripper or anything" I smirked, giving him a huge hug.

"Not that I would mind..." he said, smirking down at me. I punched his arm playfully, as I gave him a kiss on the cheek, and said goodbye. After he left, I made myself bowl of cereal, and got dressed. I wore something that said "I really want this job" but Also saying "I'm causal" at the same time. Harry bought it for me of course, as I slipped on the converse that he got me. They were the same as his. I had no car, so I walked into town, looking for any place that was hiring. My last job wasn't really a success. I worked in a music store, selling instruments, giving lessons and being the clerk. It wasn't a bad job, it's just that my boss was a bitch. That's why I quit. I found a store that just sold cosmetics. I walked in, and found the nearest worker.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for a job? Are you hiring?" I asked, smiling desperately at her.

"Actually, we could use some extra help around here!" she said, leading me towards the back office. She handed me and application, and a pen, and gave me a table to sit down, and fill out. When I finished I handed it in, and she put it on a folder.

"When our manager Anna (@anna_keeperman) comes back, I'll have her read over your application. She should be coming back on Monday." she told me, sliding the folder back on the shelf.

"Okay great, thanks!" I said, exiting the store. I was now off to another place that looked cool to work in. The police station. I found the nearest one, a couple blocks away. I walked in, being greeted my some officers.

"Can we help you?" one asked, his intimidating look scaring the pee out of me.

"Um yeah...I was kind if looking for a job, and I have always been Intrested in law enforcement, and I was wondering if you needed any help around here?" I asked politely. The officer looked at the one sitting at the desk, and gave him a small nod.

"Come with us please" he said, walking towards the back of the room. I was seated at a small, gray table. One that looked like one for interrogation.

"name?" he asked, his partner now joining him.

"Alexandra Matthews" I replied bluntly. Those kind of questions went on for a bit, until they finally ended it.

"That will be all," the officer said. "Ill show your application to the Sheriff, and we'll give you a call" he said, asccorting me towards the door.

"Thanks alot!" I said, leaving the station. I wondered aimlessly the rest of the day, figuring two jobs should be enough to apply for at one time. I arrived home, seeing Harry's Range Rover in the driveway. I walked into the house, finding Harry in the kitchen, dancing to the music that was blaring through the speakers.

"Harry?" I laughed, surprised at this actions.

"Oh hey babe!" he yelled back, the music muffling our voices. "You'll never believe what happened today!"