Chapter 20

Chapter 20

A stinging pain raged through my body, making my head spin. I had been shot in the upper right of my chest, and lower abdomen. I heard shouts all around me, but couldn't process a thing. My eyes were squeezed shut, as I fell on the ground. I felt someone pull me to the side, and sit me up. It had to be Eliot. Minutes later I heard the sirens and the shouts getting lower. I was placed in the back of an ambulance, then everything went black.

**Harrys POV**

I was a work, it was a slow day, and nothing really happened. No fires to out out, no reports to write, it was boring. That was until I got a call.

"Harry! Line 4!" Kayla called from the front. I picked up my phone, and pressed the button that read,"line 4".

"Hello?" I answered, thinking it was most likely Alex.

"Hi, Mr.Styles? I'm Linda and I'm calling from the London medical center. I have Alex Matthews here. You were on her emergency contact list?" my heart froze. Alex was in the hospital. I couldn't think straight. My head was spinning as I continued on with the conversation.

"Uh yeah I'm Harry. Is-is Alex ok? Is he hurt?" I asked, already getting my jacket on, about to head over there. She told me nothing else but that I should come see her myself.

**At the hospital**

"Alex is in room 69, to your left" the nurse directed me. (sorry, I just had to do that) I jogged/walked to her room, scanning each door until I found hers. I quietly knocked on he door before a nurse had told me to come in. She was standing over Alexs bed, replacing the fluids connected to her IV.

"she's been asleep for a while now, Better to let her sleep before surgery. She'll be going in a few minutes." she told me, slipping the tube back into the needle. Surgery. She was having surgery.

"Um, can you tell me what happened to her?" I asked, getting more upset by the second.

"Oh, you don't know? Well, I don't mean to be so blunt but she was shot. In the chest, and lower abdomen. She's had alot of blood loss and has to be in the operating room ASAP." she told me sympathetically. This is exactly what I didn't want to happen. This was how my father died. On the operating table. He was shot twice in his abdomen.

"I'll give you some private time with her." the nurse said, exiting the room. I sat by her bedside and just stared at her. Watched her breathing, her chest rising and falling at an even pace. I got Teary eyed. I couldn't let this happen to her. She was my world. I held her limp, cold hand close to me and started talking to her.

"Please don't leave. Youre my world. My everything. It's too soon. Please..." I said, sobbing. "All I wanted to do was keep you safe. Look where it got me. It's my fault. I should've stopped you. It's all my fault....all my fault...." i trailed off.