Thirteen

Back at the agency, Scott opens the door for Sarah to walk through. He walks in behind her and closes the door. Darcy is on her feet within seconds when she sees Sarah's state.

"What happened?" she asked, worried.

"Darcy, if you see Agent White coming near the building, you call for me." Scott ordered.

"Yes, sir. Can I ask what happened?"

"Not right now, but I'll tell you everything later." Sarah answered for Scott.

"Darcy, it is imperative that you tell me if he is here." Scott adds as he guides Sarah to the filing room and up into the agency.

"We need to get him here and hold him so no one else gets hurt,"

"You know that's not how this works, Sarah, we have to have proof that he's involved."

"He has the damn key chain, Scott!"

"How many of those key chains were made, Sarah? You even had one and one point!" He exclaimed.

"But the blood," she said as the two of them walked into his office and he closed the door. When she turned towards the door, she noticed the stares from the other agents as they watched Scott lower the blinds.

"That's why I swabbed it. I'm going to have it tested and only we will know where it came from. If anyone asks you anything, you have no idea what I'm doing." He gestured for her to follow him through the second door on the other side of his office. When they stepped through the doorway, she stepped into a small bunk room. It's sleeping area with a shower blocked off by a folding room divider. "You can shower in here, even stay here if you want to, though, I'll probably be staying here, too. I was living with Jen." He avoided her stare, looking at anything but her.

"Thanks, Scott. Your office locks, right?"

"Yes, and so does this room. It has a numerical lock, the passcode for this room is 78645."

"Sputnik, really, Scott?" she laughed and rolled her eyes.

"Some things will never be forgotten, be quiet and go take your shower. I'll call to have another cot brought in after I call forensics." He waved her off and closed the door behind her.

Moving over to his desk, he reached to pick up the phone and call forensics, he requested Steve to be the one to pick up the vile. He reached over to hang up the phone, but before he let it go, it rang again.

"Mathews," he answered.

"Chief, it's Agent White, we think we may have a suspect in custody. How is Agent Bennet? Is she up for an interrogation?"

"Bennet is getting cleaned up, I'll send someone over to sit in for her."

"Unless you want to, that's not necessary, Grey and I could handle it."

"I'd feel better if there were two of my guys there, no offense, but Grey hasn't really been present like you have. I'd rather have someone else I trust alongside of you."

"No problem, boss, we're back at Jackson station, moving him to the interrogation room after he's put in the system."

"Nice work, White," Scott forced himself to say, "Keep me updated," he reached over to hang the phone up just as Sarah was opening the door.

She walked out in a tank top and leggings causing Scott to swallow down a gasp and take a double glance. Sarah didn't seem to notice as she walked into the office and stood in front of his desk. A knock on the door pulled him from his gaze.

"Enter."

The door opened revealing a young guy, Steve, standing there with an evidence bag. The first thing Steve noticed was Sarah and didn't look away until Scott, amused, cleared his throat.