Chapter 13: Second Chances

Chapter 13

**~

"You okay? I didn't mean to cause all this trouble, it's why i kept telling you to talk to him.... he said he was gonna tell you, just, try and take a few deep breaths... and then maybe try and talk to him, tonight, one on one, that is, if you still want to save your family?" Jen asked.

"I don't want to talk to him right now," Kim said, bringing the bottle of water to her lips for a sip," I can take care of this baby alone. I don't need him."

"Kim, look at me," Jen said, lifting her chin, "You love him, that's why this hurts so bad. Did you choose to make this baby with him?"

"Well, not on purpose..." Kim said softly.

"But when you found out, weren't you happy? Because you were having a baby with the man you love... it's not like he just went out and decided to cheat. He got drunk, at a party, and it happened. It's very clear he feels awful about it, at LEAST give him a chance to talk and explain.." Jen said, softly, hugging her gently, "Don't give up on your love yet."

Kim wasn't sure what to even say," I think I want to take the rest of the school day off. I'm going to get a note from the nurse. Thanks for telling me the truth, even though I wasn't the nicest to you," she said to Jennifer.

"You're welcome, just, know I am here for you okay?" Jen smiled, helping her up and taking her to the nurse's office. As she went in, Jen smiled at her, as Jordan came up beside her.

"Did you fix it?" he asked. folding his arms and leaning on the wall beside the doorway.

"She just needs time to think, but hopefully what I said resonates with her," she said, softly.

"Thank you for saying whatever you said to fix it," He said," But please be careful what you go around saying to others. Donnie really was going to tell her, just not at school. There's enough at school to handle and worry about already."

"She asked, I kept telling her she needs to talk to him, but she persisted, I didn't want to lie to her," Jen said softly, "I wasn't trying to cause trouble...."

" Well next time just leave it at you need to talk to the other person even if they persist," he advised her.

**~*

Ana spent the days of her cycle off from school, she got a doctor's note when she returned excusing her absences. When she got to school, Clay was at her locker. " You didn't answer my calls, you were gone for days," he said quietly. " I wasn't feeling well, now please move," she said to him.

" Baby, I told Aubrey to leave me alone," Clay said to her," I swear."

"Have you slept with her?" Ana asked him trying to stay calm.

"Yes...a few times," Clay admitted, knowing it was wrong very wrong.

"Why? was OUR sex not good enough?" She asked him.

"No you actually give damn good head," Clay admitted," It's just..well I'm not in love with you. I didn't know how to tell you."

" Baby, I told Aubrey to leave me alone," Clay said to her," I swear."

"Have you slept with her?" Ana asked him trying to stay calm.

"Yes...a few times," Clay admitted, knowing it was wrong very wrong.

"Why? was OUR sex not good enough?" She asked him.

"No you actually give damn good head," Clay admitted," It's just..well I'm not in love with you. I didn't know how to tell you."

"Wait, hold on," she said, "So, not only have you been cheating on me? but you've been LYING to me?"

" I was afraid to hurt your feelings," Clay admitted," I'm not horrible, I just like girls alot. It's asking alot for me to even be your boyfriend. I've never done that before, been someone's boyfriend. I usually just date around."

"Wait, hold on," she said, "So, not only have you been cheating on me? but you've been LYING to me?"

" I was afraid to hurt your feelings," Clay admitted," I'm not horrible, I just like girls alot. It's asking alot for me to even be your boyfriend. I've never done that before, been someone's boyfriend. I usually just date around."

"I didn't put a gun to your head Clay....." she said, softly, "So what do you wanna do? try harder or go?"

" I still like you. I really did tell Aubrey to leave me alone, I wasn't lying about that part. I am trying to be a better boyfriend," he pointed out.

"Okay, no more cheating?" she asked, softly as he closed his locker.

"No more," he agreed, as he leaned against his locker which was next to hers.

" Okay then I'm willing to give you a chance," she told him as the girls started coming to their lockers. She dialed the combonation on her own locker and started to pull it open.

"Okay, I will try harder to be a good boyfriend, I promise," he said, kissing her cheek.

" Thanks," she said softly. "

Study together, just me and you tonight," He promised.

" Deal," she said. He headed off to talk to his baseball buddies and go to class.

She felt a little better now, but she had to get to class, and she was still not fully trusting Aubrey or Clay. He had to earn her trust back.

"Ana," Kim said stopping her as she was heading to her class," Where have you been? I tried calling you like a dozen times girl."

"Bad Monthly, I was hurting..." Ana said.

"Oh girl, you should have called me. I would have run to the store for you or gotten you some treats or something, we could have skipped and binged some tv or watched some movies," Kim told her.

" I know sorry. I was also dealing with Clay issues," she said.

"Clay issues? talk to me!" Kim said softly, pulling her into the girls bathroom as they passed by it.

<3 <3 <3 <3

Was she a fool to trust Clay again? Hope you guys are enjoying this story :).