Chapter 34 : Little Women

Chapter 34

**~

Joe spent the rest of the morning at work, and hoped to see Ana. There was no sign of her that day at all, her booth sat empty. He was feeling miserable by that fact. After his shift, he made a Turkey Deluxe Sandwich on wheat bread and packed it up to take to Ana. He stopped by the market to get her some fruit to go with her sandwich and some lemonade to drink. She had been eating plenty of sugary and fried foods, it was time to eat healthier. He drove to Ana's house and parked out front. He took a deep breath and climbed out of the car, picking up the food box and market bag.

Shutting the car door behind him, he walked up to her doorstep and rang her doorbell. He waited patiently and then the front door was being pulled open.

She stood on the other side of the door wearing short cotton shorts that hugged her thighs, and probably her ass. A tank top, and socks on her feet.

"What are you doing here?" she asked softly. She desperately wanted to believe that he was here for her, that he was going to pick her. Even though she knew the truth, that he would never want her. Her friends were always telling her how guys wanted her, but none of them seemed to want to keep her, they wanted her for the sexual pleasure that she could provide them.

He held up the box and bag," Brought you and Bowie food. I thought you guys might be hungry," He said softly.

"Thanks," she said quietly, stepping aside to let him into the house. She was shutting the door behind him, as they walked into the living room. He set the food down on the coffee table and turned to her.

" I..um should go," he said softly.

"Oh, are you still at work?" she asked him softly. She had been hoping that he would want to stay, even though yesterday had gone badly, she couldn't seem to let go of him.

"No. I just don't want to make this more difficult for you," he told her honestly.

She couldn't help but wonder if he truly was thinking about in some twisted sense, even though she was asking him to give her more, and he didn't seem to be.

Not that she fully understood any of this, the feelings, the one sided emotions, but it was hard to tell being that his behavior spoke volumes.

"If you want...you can stay," she said quietly," to uh keep my company. I'm going to be watching a movie."

"I'd like that," he said with a smile.

She went to the DVD collection and picked out a movie, and stuck it into the DVD player. Joe and Ana sat on the couch together, side by side and she turned the movie. As soon as the menu popped up on the screen it read Little Women, starting the movie, she picked up the market bag to find a bowl of sliced fruit, an apple, and a bottle of juice. She pulled the fruit bowl out first and grabbed the plastic fork, opening the container to dig into the fruit medley.

"Is this a period piece?" Joe asked as the movie opened in the March Sisters home on the screen in front of them.

Ana chewed and swallowed her bite, she was very hungry. A tad bit more hungry than she even actually realized, as she was eating. " Yes," she answered Joe with a smile," It's one of my favorites."

"Well, I look forwards to seeing what the movie is about," He told her. He slid his arm around her, resting it on the back of the couch, as he watched the movie with her.

<3 <3 <3 <3

Movie time :)