Chapter 48: Not On Her Side

Chapter 48

As the days of summer wore on, Ana tried to be fair to Danny by forgiving him for not opening up to her. She still found herself being drawn to Joe though. It was a Saturday morning and she was standing at the Jukebox in Mac's Diner. Joe came over to her, standing behind her. " Favorite song?" he whispered in her ear. " I don't know. So many good choices," she whispered back. She turned her head to look at him and he rested his forehead against hers, she brushed her nose against his. He smiled and reached into his pocket handing her a quarter before he stepped back and went back to work. Ana chose Summer Breeze by Seals & Croft.

Jordan had picked up Jill and he walked into Mac's Diner. He saw Ana heading for her booth, and stopped by hers," Hey is Danny joining you today?" he asked her, his hand in Jill's.

" Yeah. He'll be here in a few minutes," Ana replied.

" Cool," Jordan said," Oh this is Jill. Jill, this is Ana," he said to her.

"Hi.." Ana smiled. She wasn't sure about this. Jennifer was her friend, and it seemed wrong to like this girl.

"Hi," Jill said smiling," It's nice to meet Jordan's friends. "

Ana gave Jordan a look but said nothing to him. " Yeah I've known Jordan since Jr. High," she said.

"OH you're one of his main group, he talks so highly of his longtime friends.." jill smiled.

"Mhmm. I've known them all a long time," she said," You guys can sit with us. Danny should be here shortly." She wanted to figure out this girl, inviting her to sit at the booth was sure to give her some clues about what Jordan was feeling about this Jill.

"Oh, thank you," Jordan smiled. He was glad Ana was giving her a chance. They sat down in the booth, Jordan's arm around Jill's shoulder.

"Of course," Ana replied casually," How did you meet Jordan?" she asked Jill.

"Jon got us in touch," she said.

"Jon is great," she agreed. She might have to have a chat with Jon.

" I'm so glad to have met Jordan!" Jill said with a bright smile. Danny walked into the diner and spotted them at Ana's booth.

"Hey baby girl," he smiled going over to her. He sat down and kissed her softly, till he noticed Jordan."OH hey, I am so... oh, um she's not Jen..." he said, softly.

"This is Jill," Jordan said smiling happily," Jill, this is Danny. Danny is the one in our group who likes to stay fit and healthy."

"Oh, right I remember you mentioning that..." jill smiled.

Danny shrugged," I like to stay fit," he said.

Ana smiled, putting her hand on his arm," You do your own cooking Danny, not many guys in high school do that. I was just trying to get to know Jill here, you're going to start College in August right?" she asked her.

"Um, yes, that is the plan, I am excited." jill smiled.

"Oh. I bet that will be exciting for sure," she agreed," You'll be meeting so many new people."

"I will, I am anxious to get started, that and cheerleading on a college level, it's gonna be awesome!" Jill nodded.

Hmm, maybe this would work itself out then. Jill going away, leaving Jordan single. Then finally Jen could get it together and get back together with Jordan.