14

Our parents were ecstatic when we agreed to the marriage contract. Y/n had taken to holding my hand when she got sad and hugging her was comfortable, we barely needed to do anything to convince our parents we were happy with the arrangements.

They paraded us around in their own little world of preparations, helping us find a house, a wedding venue, catering. We didn't talk about Jimin, but it still weighed heavily in our minds.

And now we were moving into the house we'd be living in. Y/n's friends, our parents and a few other people were helping us. I know, how pathetic, I have no friends that weren't my boyfriend's friends. But Y/n knew a lot of people and then her girlfriends' boyfriends added to that. Y/n seemed to be everywhere at once, sending this person that way and dragging this couch over here and ordering pizza and coming to hang off my arm when the whirlwind seemed to stop. 

"Come on, the pizza's here." She squeezed my hand. 

I was standing in our room. Her boxes were partially unpacked and the bed was put together but unmade, she saw me staring at it all. "We can figure out which of us takes the guest room later, I'm hungry." 

I nodded and let her pull me down the stairs to the living room where 20 people were sitting on the floor or on the couch with pizza in hand.

"I don't remember any of your friends' names."

She shrugged, "You'll be fine, let's sit with the boys."

I blinked. The boys were apparently the hottest people in the universe. There were 6 of them all in jeans and sweat damp t-shirts, like me, but they were gorgeous. One of them was all muscle with  surprisingly boyish features in comparison, next to him was all legs, like was this guy a model? Then it was a thin boy with a rounded button nose leaning towards another man with slim corded muscles and tan skin. The last pair were huddled over a phone, dark hair and a sharp nose cast into shadow alongside a softer featured beauty with dark eyes and vibrant orange hair. I felt my feet stop moving. 

"Minhyuk is a little overwhelmed with everything so he may not remember all of your names. " She pointed at them in order. "Hoseok, Hyungwon, Kihyun, Shownu, Changkyun, and Jooheon."

I could feel all of their eyes collectively train on me. I am too gay for this.

"Hello," I managed a smile. "Thanks for coming out today we really appreciate it."

"Of course, don't worry about it. We're happy to help." Kihyun waved a hand. "Y/n, if you need me to help clean before you get too much unpacked let me know."

"You're a godsend," She mumbled around a mouthful of cheese.

I couldn't bring myself to add anything and sat with my back against the wall as I ate.

As people filtered out, I felt less and less stressed. Our parents left, the girls took their boyfriends home and then it was the 8 of us. I was cleaning up the trash in the living room and Kihyun and Y/n had disappeared with buckets of cleaning water and fragrant fabuloso to clean something. The other guys were in various stages of still eating, dozing off, and gathering the pizza boxes. 

"Hey can someone bring up those bathroom boxes please?" Kihyun hollered. Leggy boi stirred and let go of muscley bois- Hoseok's arm. 

"Guess that means me." He laughed. "Minhyuk do you know where those are?"

oh my dammit kevin. i thought. because ffs i should. 

"Hold on I'll check the dining room."

"They should be in the dining room!" Y/n called out. 

I breathed out. Cool.  They were in a pile against the wall under living room decorations and laundry tools. "Tools? Who labeled these?" 

I lifted one of the boxes and used my other arm to pull forward the one I was aiming for. I felt someone take the box out of my hand and mumbled a thank you, leaning closer to unwedge the box. One of the boxes tipped over, I heard someone shout and felt someone's body pressing against mine, then all of her guy friends were around me unstacking the boxes and complaining about whoever they thought had stacked them too high. I could feel the red on my ears and neck. That was embarrassing as shit and also hot cuz they just grabbed the box out of the air.

There was a hand on my back. "You alright?"

I heard Y/n on the stairs, looked her right in the eyes. help. I was not alright. Her eyes widened.

"What happened? I heard someone yell." 

"They stacked the boxes too high, one of them almost fell on his head."

"I'm fine." I squeaked.