3

My hands were shaking even as I gripped the steering wheel tightly, my sweaty palms stuck to the vinyl. I couldn't breathe but I didn't dare open the windows. I was not listening to one more word they had to say. I had a boyfriend and I was happy with him. They had to be kidding. They had to.

But an old familiarity jolted through me at the sight of the rusty blue minivan that trundled into an empty parking spot in front of the house, my throat closed up uncomfortably. Not serious. Please do not be serious. I slid down in my seat, pretending to shuffle through my purse as a group of four decently dressed adults made their way to my front door. I studied them all in turn, mentally ticking off which one could be Lee Minhyuk.

My bets were on the shaggy haired boy with the white button down.

My mom invited them all inside and I took that as my chance to start the car. I was checking the mirrors to pull out when shaggy knocked on the window. Well shit.

I rolled down the window reluctantly and eyed him suspiciously. He had sharp sloping features and a softness in the shape of his eyes, he wasn't unattractive. He just wasn't my boyfriend.

"Mind if I come with?" He smiled, clearly uncomfortable.

"You're paying for your own ice cream, I mumbled, huffing as I unlocked the door for him.

He smiled gratefully, hopping inside and buckling up quickly. He turned to me and stared.

"What?"

"Are we escaping or not?" He frowned, "I was pretty sure this was the getaway car."

I glanced at the front of the house, my mom and the woman I assumed to be Mrs. Lee were on their way out, frowning together.

"Shit! Go!" Minhyuk shrieked, smacking his hands on the dashboard.

I peeled out of the driveway at a speed who's legality was questionable and booked it, giggling while Minhyuk waved out the window at our astonished mothers.

He rolled his window up, leaving only an inch or two open. "I know this is probably not what either of us want, but can we go somewhere and talk first before you hate my guts?"

I glanced over at him curiously, pouting sourly. No ice cream for me. "Yeah okay. But I'm hungry."

"Cool, me too. I'll buy you dinner." He offered.

"But its not a date." I warned him.

"A business meeting." He confirmed.

Making a noise in the back of my throat, I gave in. There's no way I'm saying no to free food. And I'd rather not be killed by my parents for ruining something, regardless of how much I don't want it. All things aside, the adrenaline from escaping with Minhyuk left my earlier panic pushed to the side. And my lungs were clear of the blockage. I could hold it together for a rational business meeting. I just hoped the food would be good.