10

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to spend time with her without pressure."

"And you stayed overnight?" She frowned.

I felt my cheeks pink at the implication, not necessarily embarassed, but slightly set off at their obliviousness. "No, she dropped me at a friend's who was on the way."

She nodded accepting the lie easily; it made sense.

My hand fluttered restlessly at my side, aching for my phone, just to text Jimin. But that might be clingy. But Jimin is my boyfriend. I'll allow myself this.

hey :)
i miss u <3

Minnie
awee, i miss u 2
( ˘ ³˘)♥︎

r u busy?

im abt to drive, but ill
call as soon as i get
home, kay bb

okayyy(⊃。•́•̀)
''

I'd just have to wait. I excused myself with a final apology and slipped on my sneakers. The neighborhood's playground was the setting for many of JiHyuk's conversations, it being far from my prying parents and loud younger brother. Jimin never pushed me to talk about my family. He understood that things were harder, my parents less open.

I sat high up on the jungle gym, waiting patiently for the phone to buzz against my chest while my fingers traced the penny sized holes in the framework. I didn't know how long I waited there, but when I opened my eyes the late afternoon had dwindled into the darker side of dusk. Roughly 4o minutes, I assumed.

And still my phone was dark, no missed messages. He didn't live nearly that far from work.

Jimin? r u okay? its
been almost an hour

Minnie
i got held up, I'll call
soon, Im sorry for taking
so long

thats fine, i just wanted
to make sure every
th ing was ok

awe ♡♡♡

♡♡♡♡

In ten minutes I was picking up my phone, letting it ring in my palm twice before I answered.

I tried to sound nonchalant, "Hey,"

"Minnie," he breathed. "I miss you."

"I miss you first."

He hummed and I let my eyes slip closed at the soft comfort it brought. "Where are you?"

"The park," I breathed, the chill of the oncoming night seeping through my shirt and pricking up the hairs on my forearms with goosbumps.

"I..." I swallowed with some difficulty, "I'm getting married."

The silence on the other end crowded my head with nasty thoughts. Horrible, horrible insecurities welled up in my chest, clawing at my heart and closing up my throat.

"You're getting married."

"Y-yes."

"Because you want to?"

"No. I, I'm doing it for my parents. They set something up with my old neighbors and if I get married they never have to know I'm gay. They... I already talked to Y/n, she promised to ask her boyfriend, but you know I love you and we all will know I'm gay. We can just be roommates for 5 years or so and then make a big deal over a divorce."

"Who is she?" Jimin breathed, "You know what, don't tell me. I don't want any part of this."

"Jiminie?" I was panicking, sitting upright and trembling. "What, what do you mean?"

"I hope you and Y/n are both be very happy."

"Wh-what?"

"If you found out you could've just said so, its pretty elaborate to come up with a bullshit plan to catch me cheating."

"Cheating? With Y/n?"

The line was silent. "I have to go."

"Yeah," My voice cracked. "To hell you do."

Phone forgotten, I leaned against the railings and sobbed. It was too dark for people to see, few people were even walking the area so late. But those who did either ignored me or didn't hear me.

It hurt so bad. And Y/n had no idea either.