2

"Minhyuk-ah, how are you feeling?" Mom urged, pressing me for information while I half heartedly pushed my hair off my forehead.

"I'm nervous." I admitted.

"Oh, you got along so well, I'm sure she'll be head over heels for you in no time."

"I barely remember y/n, how could she remember that much about me?" And there's the other issue. But hey who cares about those?

"Awe, it'll be fine. Are you really going to wear that to meet your future wife, Min?"

"Its not like it's a date. We're just meeting up." I complained.

"Our families are eating dinner together, I want to give them a good impression. At least put on some real jeans. And maybe that button down Honey got you for Christmas, that looks good on you." She mommed.

I made a thoughtful face, I did like that shirt.

The drive to the y/l/n's house was quiet. I twisted my fingers in my lap, not daring to take out my phone. I wouldn't be able to resist. Instead, I tried to remember y/n, I hadn't thought of her in years. I tried to make myself remember things we'd done together, tried to remember landmarks to see how close we were. But what I remembered was moving away and a soft dandelion puff scattered in the breeze. I couldn't be sure y/n was the kid who gave me the dandelion in the first place.

I was able to recognize when we were getting close. A yard lined with shrubs and a tire swing confirmed it. I tried to swallow the discomfort. I was doing this for a reason. No one would ever have to know. And those who did... they could forgive him.