thirteen - fin

"You didn't deserve him" Felix looks up, his eyelashes fluttering at the willingness to not let the emotion get to him. The hug was warm. Felix was warm, but not warm enough.

The ticking stopped then, "You never deserved him,"

There weren't many words that could break someone with a personality as fluid and open minded as Chan's, but somehow the tinge of hopelessness in his words arranged with Felixs' velvety voice caused his heart to sting with the familiarity as fresh as morning and his mind flashed to the smile of a person he had let in and broke along the way.

A tear fell before he had time to even blink. The ticking had stopped, so his mind had no distractions, now well aware of the burning under his eyes.

"I know," His chest felt closed, the air stuck as he attempted to inhale the stuffy airport air.

"Just promise me Lix, promise me you'll look after him," he asked, harshly wiping the tear away before more could fall.

"Do you even deserve that Chan? You don't deserve to know whether he's getting over you or not," Felix bitterly says, a big contrast to the loving smile he adored, the same one Chan had seen many times throughout his life.

"Felix I know —"

"Minnie!" the little girl, who had been quietly hanging onto Sihyeon behind them detached herself, Sihyeon made eye contact with Chan and gave him a small, closed off smile.

He couldn't help looking up at the name, almost by default his heart rate began to quicken and eyes glancing over his arrival, and god, he loathed what he saw as much as he absolutely joyed at the sight of him.

Minho was noticeably pale, he managed to look perfect even with the darkest splotches under his usual gentle eyes, now looking so tired. Chan wanted to look away, but he was someone you could never look away from, even at his worst. It pained to realise his own selfishness caused the explosion of such a bright star that was Lee Minho.

He didn't look back at Chan, not once while they were saying their goodbyes, everyone watching as the little girl cried in his arms, telling him a story about Winnie while tears streamed down her round little face.

Minho wasn't crying. He looked close to, but didn't let the tears fall, he had a sad smile on his face listening intently as the girl cried, his hands wiping away the tears that fell from her face and only then did Chan notice something — oh, Chan paused.

He's not wearing the bracelet, he bluntly realised a moment later. He knew he had no right to feel some sort of hurt, let alone anger to that. But a fool he was and a fool he continued to be.

Calling all passengers to Gate 23 Seoul to Tokyo, departing now.

It rang through his head, a reminder. A warning. He reminded himself his reason, his purpose for everything he had done to get where he was right now. It was for the success of himself, a promise to his family.

"It's not too late Chan —" Sihyeon speaks up while they're were walking towards the gate, Chan didn't look back, if he did he'd make the mistake of directly looking at Minho. He couldn't do that. He couldn't make yet another selfish decision. He looked at Jihoon instead.

"We served our time, didn't we?" She smiles sadly at him, to which he didn't reply, only watching as Sihyeon wordlessly brought out her closed fist into his and dropped something in it.