three

"Who's that?"

Minho found the younger girl in the play area in the far corner, a teddy placed in her lap and a little tea set surrounding Jihoon.

Minho sat down on the rug right next to her. She was holding a toy he didn't recognise as one of the nursery toys, the bear must have been her own toy brought from home.

It was pretty worn out from what Minho could see. Missing a few buttons down the side, which would have torn if it wasn't for the added string keeping it together.

The overall colour was a faded peach which Minho guesses was a pink colour before being left in the hands of the younger child. It had a little piece of paper hanging from its neck secretly hidden, it would only be seen if closely observed. Minho couldn't make out what it said because Jihoon kept the teddy gently tucked under her right arm in an almost protective manner.

"Winnie, his names Winnie"

She gave Minho a look before hesitantly reaching out, holding out the bear, her small fingers gently petting its head.

She held it out further, hoping Minho would get the hint to pat its head as well. He slowly brought his hand up rubbing the bears head, the pads of his fingers coming in contact with the toys soft textured furr feeling slightly ticklish to the sensitive touch.

"He likes you" a small smile found it's way on Minho's face, Jihoon was slightly opening up to the other.

"Ah he's like Winnie the Pooh" jihoon looked at him with a exasperated look on her face, moving the bear back to her lap.

"No winnie the Pooh is a bear, my Winnie is a scuba diver" She jumped from where she was sitting, smiling at her teddy in her small hands.

"Well can you tell Winnie I said he's very cool" She nodded, bringing the bear up to her face and whispering not so quietly in his stitched up ear.

"Winnie said he likes you and that you're very pretty like mommy"

Minho's smile slightly fell, it wasn't noticeable but it wasn't as bright as before.

It wasn't the first time someone called him pretty, actually Minho was quite used to the compliment.

He had mixed emotions with the word though, because sure minho thought it was great to be recognised for his looks but it made him remember the person who always reminded him he was beautiful. Minho was always compared to her since both had soft and delicate features.

He didn't like being compared, he hated it in fact and she would always remind him that he was beautiful because Minho always needed that comfort and assurance from her, the problem was that she wasn't here anymore so everything Minho faced he had to face on his own and he doesn't know wether to be grateful or displeased.

"Thank you"

"You're welcome Minnie"

Minho enjoyed working with kids. It reminded him of his childhood and all the cute and innocent memories he made that he hoped would stay with him.

Jihoon also somewhat reminded Minho of himself in some ways, from her curious and imaginative way of thinking to her naturally quiet and introverted behaviour - it all reminded minho it himself. he picked up on how she preferred sitting by herself rather than with the other kids. They were quite alike.

"Minnie can you be my friend"

Minho was pulled out of his thoughts by Jihoons hushed question. (It had been a week since she started attending and she had always preferred being around Minho than the other kids)