Chapter 1 ✔️

Let me know

First time Reader?

Or Reread?

Sitting in the conference room of the Avengers tower, Nick Fury stood in front of all the hero's. His one eye that was showing, was stern and demanding. Once everyone had stopped talking, Fury clicked a button in his hand, which made a picture project in the middle of the table. A photo of a dead man that looked as though he had his soul sucked out of him, although he had a lasting smile on his face. Everyone visibly shuttered. The picture was unsettling, creepy. He literally looked like a happy zombie.

"This is your mission. It's urgent." Fury announced.

"Yeah. Urgently dead." Tony Stark scoffed. "Is Strange here to take us back in time to stop it or something?" Everyone just studied the photo, Steve Rogers looked up at Fury to see his answer. Confusion was a common feature on all their faces, more so on the two gods at the end of the table. Like they knew something. The color had drained from Loki's face. Thor had a small hint of a smile, like a kid finding his lost puppy.

"He's not the subject. He was the victim. The thing that caused this, that is your mission." Fury clicked the button as more photos of different people flashed by. Men and women of all different ages, non younger than possibly 20. But one thing they all had in common, they all had a smile on their face.

"Wait, thing?" Rogers asked, his eyes snapping away from the pictures, a little unsettled by the creepy smiles of the dead. "Do you not know what did this? Is it human or some creature?" Loki and Thor shared a silent conversation through their eyes. They did know something. Loki sighed.

"Not a thing." He said clearing his throat. "More like Goddess." Thor gave a bright smile. It was like he was excited to know something or he was excited about the said Goddess.

"Wait....Goddess?" Stark looked at them, his eyes watching Thor with his brows furrowed. "Why are you so excited?" Loki rolled his eyes at his brother.

Thor stands up, "She's our sister." He sounded....excited? What is wrong with him? Theres pictures of dead people in the middle of the table. "We haven't seen her in centuries!" He explained. Natasha stared at Loki, trying to figure out his expressions, to read him.

"Wait, there's another one of you?" Stark asked, he was mostly looking at Loki with distaste. "Is she going to try to take over New York as well? Is that a family tradition skipped by Goldie locks over there?"

"Goldie locks?" Thor questioned, but was ignored.

"Why don't you look happy?" Nat asked him. Her eyes narrowed at the newest god to join their group. "Don't you like your sister?"

Loki sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "She's worse than this Oaf. Completely insufferable." He muttered. Thor let out a loud laugh and smacked Loki's back aggressively, making him jerk forward slightly and glare at him in return.

"He's just mad that she killed his lover a few hundred years ago." Loki glared over to Thor, clearly annoyed by his so-called brother.

"She seduced her and killed her in MY bed." Loki spat. Natasha covered her mouth to hide her chuckle, Tony didn't even try to hide his girlish giggle. Loki glared at them. "I have every right to hold a grudge to that insufferable quim. She's like you and Hela mixed together. Evil and annoying." Loki muttered, a sour look on his face. Thor just kept laughing, he couldn't deny that their sister was indeed like Hela and himself. He had always thought she was like Loki too, but when Hela had entered the picture it became clearer who she had favored if it wasn't or adopted brother.

"Alright! Let's get back to the mission at hand." Fury pulled their attention back to him, "I don't care if she is your sister, or your best friend or whatever. I need her found and detained. She is killing these innocent people." Thor shook his head.