Episode 04

Vincent had dragged Bonnie back into the library to deliver the intel. They both found out about their suspicions thanks to her descriptions earlier in the kitchen. The only person who was left in the dark was Klaus, who was upstairs cuddling the child at the time.

"Let me see if I get this straight," Bonnie asked. "This Dahlia is your aunt who wanted to link her life with Hope, the same way she did with Freya over there," she pointed at the witch and she nodded. "So...she actually read me like an open book."

"What do you mean?" Davina asked.

"Aunt Dahlia must have learnt how predictable she can be," Klaus explained. "She must've known the trouble she'll be willing to get herself into, in order to get Veronika back."

"Yes but, why go to all this grief to torment Bonnie?" Marcel asked.

"To make me desperate enough to run to a demon for help," Bonnie stated, "her hybrid nephew."

"Who happened to be Hope's father," Vincent added. "As much as I hate to say this-."

"Then don't," Rebekah exclaimed. "We know for a fact that you'll prefer Nika to be lifeless."

"You are more than welcome to paint me with a bad brush but, I told you all that this will be a mistake. When Dahlia was soothing Bonnie's abdomen when she was still expecting, she said sometimes she couldn't tell if it was a dream. I think she linked herself with 'Nika', that's why she was unexpectedly a stillborn. Even when Bonnie took magical routes to prevent such from happening."

"Meaning, when we brought her back," Freya muttered, "we brought Dahlia back?"

"Yes," Vincent declared.

"So if the child dies, she dies again?" Freya asked before earning evil glares from everyone.

"I think that's enough for the day," Bonnie said. "Can someone show me to my room." Kol left with Davina before Freya and Vincent also accused themselves.

"I don't believe that's wise anymore," Klaus said. "You'll be sleeping in my room from here on forth."

Marcel interjected before Bonnie could respond. "Guys, are you sure you wanna do this at 2 minutes before 9pm?"

"There only thing I'm doing is to go check on my daughter, don't know about him."

"There's no need for that at the moment," Klaus said while stopping her from her tracks. "She's exploring the hallway, thanks to Hope." He tapped his ear.

"Great," Bonnie said before gazing with Rebekah. "Will you kindly show me where I'll be laying my head tonight?"

"She'll be doing no such thing," Klaus said.

"Why?" Both Marcel and Rebekah asked.

"We don't know if this theory about aunt Dahlia is true, so it will be best if she slept in my room, just incase."

"I think we should leave," Rebekah whispered to Marcel. "We'll be ready if he tries anything." He nodded before following her out and closed the doors.

"Just incase," Bonnie questioned him. "I'm not sure if the past has taught you anything, but pretty damn good at protecting myself."

"You right, my apologies." He sounded genuine. "That's why you were killed by expression, the other Side's deformation and let's not forget that day you 'killed' yourself to deceive me. Did I miss the part were you were just a Salvatore doormat, oops." Bonnie chuckled before there was a faint earthquake that only lasted a split second. "Sorry love, did I hit a nerve?"

"It's okay. I mean, it's not as if you'll ever get the pleasure of hitting a more satisfying one." She turned to leave with a smirk on her face.

"Well see about that," he muttered while fixing himself a drink.