Episode 12

She was a girl, a little girl. Little girls need to use the bathroom every once in the while. It was one of the many times that they've stopped for her to use one of the public restrooms and this time around they were by the gas station just outside New Orleans.

After both cars polled over, Elijah and Maze accompanied her to the side of the station. Davina and Keelin went in the store to get something to eat, and more drink.

Veronika had finished two litres of water and one litre of juice all by herself. Including the twelve mini cheese burgers and a couple of snakes. Neither of them knew what to think if it since they knew nothing about toddlers.

"How long will we have here for her to pop everything out?" Kol asked Freya as they were leaning against his SUV.

Freya didn't bother answering him but in all honesty, they have waiting for over 30 minutes. "Does Bonnie know that we are on our way?"

"I have spoken to Nik. Texting him about our arrival." He shrugged. "Then he texted me about the devil being in town about an hour our later." Freya snapped her head his way and he continued whilst reading her thoughts, "The last we need is for everyone to panic. Neither of us have no idea on what is happening to her, even as Elijah detailed that something similar had happened with Hope." He shrugged once more.

Freya sighed as she glanced once more at Maze and Elijah. "Maybe her sudden growth is what causing her to eat do much. He body needs all the nutrition it can get, even from junk." She gave him a side glance before turning away again. "Though I'm very surprised as to why you are handling this so maturely."

Kol chuckled a bit. "Well, I am her god uncle mind you," he flexed his chest and said, "I have to live up to my responsibilities."

Freya just rolled her eyes, even as she knew how serious he was.

"How about when she's done," Maze said to Elijah, "we make use this dump ourselves. Maybe others will follow." She was leaning again the wall next to the bathroom do that opened outward.

He licked his lips as he shifted his weight to the other leg, his hand still in his pocket. "As tempting that sounds, one has to have their priorities straight."

"Oh." Maze nodded as she gaze the speaker by the wall for a moment. "I assumed that you wanted to make this night a night to remember." She tapped her ear.

'A night to remember' by Shalamar was playing and just got to the second chorus.

He couldn't help the soft chuckle that left his beautiful lips as glanced at the concrete floor for a while, then turned to her. "Don't tempt me, Maze," he warned with a grin that he was trying so hard to suppress. In an attempt to change to change the subject he asked, "Should we not check on her?" He had made sure not to use his heightened senses to respect her privacy.

"I told her to knock on the door when she needs help."

He nodded. "But it had been a while." His face now serious.

Maze rolled her eyes as she turned to knock and asked, "Hey, missy. Are you okay in there?"

Silence. She turned to Elijah who gave her a judgmental expression. She rolled her eyes again as she opened the door but found it looked.

"Who taught her that," Elijah asked as they stared at each other in surprise, "she's too young to be taught that."

Before he could get the door, Maze already crushed the handle, causing the door to open.

It was the only public toilet and they compelled some people not to disturb and still the door was opened.

As Maze slowly open the door, she called out while Elijah was taking slowly steps towards the door, "Missy, are you okay?" she fully opened the door when there was no one outside the toilet then went on to open the toilet that was also locked. The demon only knocked twice before kicking the door open and by then, Elijah was already inside and Kol was already outside while Freya rushed with her human speed.